The Jade Demon

Firelord Sozin stared in utter shock and fear. He came to the Southern Air Temple to initiate his plan of exterminating the air nomads. After killing his former best friend, Avatar Roku, Sozin planned to end the Avatar cycle by killing the potential candidates who could become the next Avatar - the air nomads.

You see, the Avatar is the master of all four elements, the protector and messiah of the world.

Their job is to bring peace and balance to the universe. In each generation, the Avatar is reborn in one of four existing nations: water, earth, fire, and air.

Now, you might ask why Sozin is obsessed with ending the cycle. Simple, it's cause the Avatar is a threat to his conquest to dominate and take over the world.

The Firelord planned to assassinate the nomads using the power that arrives on Earth once every 100 years, the comet. The comet grants fire benders extreme power, although it only lasts for about 4 hours. With enough fire-bending soldiers, he could wipe out an entire nation.

Right after killing the two guards watching over the gate, Sozin and his army were confronted by a man garbed in a green samurai uniform.

The man had ordered Sozin and his men to turn back, and the Firelord mocked him in a reply.

It was the last mistake Sozin made.

Soon, the samurai raised his hands, and the world around the firelord turned white.

Sozin woke up from an awful smell coming from underneath him. When he opened his eyes, he was confronted with the dead stares of the lacerated and amputated remains of his dead soldiers.

He scrambled away in shock before hitting something behind him. He looked up and noticed a mountain of weapons and bodies towering like a hill.

He looked around and took in the disgusting sight of blood and mutilated body parts lying around the area.

Sozin screamed in horror at the disgusting sight. His eyes wandered the area before resting on the samurai he had seen earlier.

Identifying him as the attacker, Sozin got into a fighting stance and shot a torrent of fire towards him. Coupled with the comet's power, Sozin's fire blasted through the mountain with great strength, alerting the air nomads who noticed the attack.

However, to Sozin's dismay and horror, the samurai stood at his place with no damage. Instead, the samurai sheathed his katana before appearing behind Sozin. The only difference was that the katana the samurai held was high over his head, with blood dripping on it.

Sozin let out a gurgle before blood exploded from his body. The Firelord turned around and faced his attacker before choking out his final words: who are you?

The man stood silently as the Firelord went limp, succumbing to his wounds. The samurai stands silently as the camera pans to the word etched on his armour: Midoriya.

A nearby air nomad who saw the fires approached the samurai on his glider with a look of horror and disgust etched on his face. He had seen smoke coming from the mountainside earlier and decided to investigate. He was flying through the area when noticing the carnage. The man looked like he was going to vomit but tried to keep his composure.

He looked at the samurai. "Did you do this?"

The samurai didn't answer. Instead, he placed his sword back in its sheath.

He then turned to the air nomad before giving him a bow. The air nomad clenched his staff, anticipating something to happen.

But much to his surprise, the samurai leapt into the air and vanished.

The nomad stood there as he turned to the carnage around him. He then noticed something glistening on Sozin's corpse. He approached it carefully before picking up what looked like a dark emerald crystal.

The nomad analyzed it before his face paled.

"I have to tell the elders. The Jade Demon had returned." The nomad opened his glider before jumping into the air.

Boom -

The timeline changed, and the air nomads lived to see another day. It's a story I'm working on, along with Red Eye Deku and Adventures at Nevermore.

Comment if you would like to read it.