18

You stared at the clear box that withered away. You couldn't believe your eyes. You forgot about the incident. But why relieve it now? What was the point of all of this? You had so many questions but you knew there was nobody there to answer them.

But yourself.

Would this mean that you would have to figure yourself out through whatever that was? Probably. Were you going to do it? Probably not. "Why would I kill them though? I don't even remember doing it but I feel like I did, and I know I did. But how would I be so sure? My mind knows I didn't do it, but my body knows I did."

What's wrong with you?

--------

You were on the phone in the bathroom just looking through social media, while Hanako, Yashiro, and Kou did their own thing. As you scrolled mindlessly through your phone, you saw Hanako with a hand on his chin from the corner of your eye. You sighed and turned off your phone and walked over to him.

"What's wrong?" You asked as you stood next to him. He looked over at you and smiled. "Awh~ Are you worried about little ol' me?" He teased you. You rolled your eyes. "Now, I don't care at all." You said as you went to walk away but he grabbed you by your wrists.

"Wait no, I'm sorry..." He whined as he held you close. You felt uneasy. Not because of his actions but when he grabbed you and pulled you in, you felt a sense of deja vu. Again? You dismissed the feeling. "So, what's wrong with you?" You asked again.

"Well, something... Is not right." He says as he stares at the wall. You tilt your head and look at the direction he's looking at. He was staring at the festival poster.

This caught the attention of the other two.

"Huh?"

"What do you mean?"

They were cleaning the bathrooms, you didn't do much to help. It's not that you didn't want to but it was because they wouldn't let you. It had to do with something about wasting your energy on such things. You didn't like that they didn't allow you to help them but hey, at least you didn't have to clean anything.

Hanako looked at both of them. "Don't pretend that you don't know." He then floated towards the poster. "This! Look at this!" He exclaimed as he pointed at the poster. You and the others just nodded in confusion. "Yeah? We are going to it." You say as you look back at Hanako.

"You're going with them? Alone?" He says making it sound completely different than what it needs to be. You were planning to go with Yashiro and Kou to lift Kou's spirits from what happened in the Hell of Mirrors. You didn't know anything about what happened but they swore up and down you were there.

You nodded with a smile. "Yeah! I haven't gone in one since forever! We're gonna wear yukatas, play so many games and have so much fun... Hopefully." You said with a big smile on your face, you were very excited. They loved it when you smiled. Maybe that was a little bit exaggerated but still, they loved seeing you smile like this.

Hanako turned sad all of a sudden. "But I'm an earth-bound spirit. I can't go outside..." He said bummed out. "Well Hanako, you know that festivals only happen outside..." Yashiro explained. We both nodded as we looked at him.

Hanako seemed to be in a thinking stare until his face lightened up. "That's it!" You tilted your head in curiousness. Hanako put an arm around your shoulder and said. "We'll just go to a festival here!" 

What.

Hanako looked at you three and said "On the night of July 7th, let's all meet at the Misaki stairs!" He says as he smiles then disappears. You all three look dumbfounded.