1.3

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"ˢᵖᵉᵃᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵒᶠ ʷʰⁱᶜʰ, ᴵ'ᵐ ᵍᵒⁿⁿᵃ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵃ ᶜᵒᵏᵉ.

ᴼʳ ᵃ ᵏⁿⁱᶠᵉ."

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"Rory, how do you like the lamb?" Emily asked stiffly, knife and fork poised over the china plates. 

"It's good." the brown eyed girl's response was polite and slightly forced. Gabby watched in amusement, both at Rory's unease and her mother's stiffness. She twirled a piece of pasta on her fork, thankful for her own meal. She had never liked red meat.   

"Too dry?" Emily inquired softly. 

Rory shook her head, cutting a piece of lamb, "No, it's perfect."  

"Potatoes could use a little salt, though." Lorelai chimed in and Gabriella looked down. She knew this dinner was going to be awkward, but she hadn't even thought of her sister's questionable humour. 

"Excuse me?" Emily asked, eyebrow raised. 

"So, Mom, how was your week?" Gabriella intervened gently. She had missed her parents, despite it being less than a week since she left but she lived with them since she was five.

"Fine thank you, dear. How was yours?" Emily smiled gently.

"Good. I had a history test on Thursday and a Chemistry exam on Monday." Gabriella recalled, "I'm tutoring a first-former in Latin, she's Demi's cousin." 

"The one with the brown eyes?" Richard asked, dabbing his mouth with his napkin. 

"Nope. The one with the braces." Gabriella confirmed before turning back to her mom, "Are you doing the Charity tea this weekend Mom?" 

"Yes, me and Barbara Coffey are organizing it but it's being held at her sister's countryside manor, just outside of Hartford." Emily explained. Gabby was smiling now, falling back into the same routine with her parents. 

"What about you, pet?" Richard asked, nickname slipping from his lips with ease. 

"Well, Demi and Leah are going to a protest but I can't go. I'm meeting with Mel in the morning." Gabby explained. The mention of Melissa hardly affected her parents any more, not like it did when she was younger.