Unforgiven

For as long as I can remember I've been alone, stranded in the darkness of a cursed forest. I have never lived, only survived. I have never loved. I have only ever clung to the branches of life giving trees, praying to make it through night, after night, after night.
As seasons change, I change. As the evil in the world grows, I grow. As suns rise and set, I look up at the sky and I curse at the gods who watch my suffering. And yet I still pray; I pray to live, I pray to die. I pray for someone to drag me out of this place haunted solely by the thoughts in my own head.

Last night I was attacked by wolves. My left arm is gone now, it hurts, I don't like pain. I don't like living.
However, I shall endure this to spite all of those that wish for me to give in.
My dreams are no longer my own, all I see in my sleep is a still ocean with a large rock above the water.

These days all that keeps me going is the hope that I will find the edge of this forest, and yet no matter how far I run, walk, crawl, the trees never seem to thin out. I can only hope for an escape.

My dreams are only getting stranger. A beat up six year old girl was running away from a large mansion with tears in her eyes. She looks familiar. I know this girl.

The wolves returned, there were even more than last time. I eventually fought them off, but not without losing both my legs. Ever since then, I have been dragging my body across the forest floor with my head and my right arm. I feel like passing out, I've lost too much blood, I don't think I will last much longer.
I will continue moving until I either die or finally reach the end of this wretched place.

Every time I fall asleep I have the same dream; A pregnant girl, who looks no older than twelve, is stranded on a rock on the middle of the ocean singing a song. The lyrics are in a foreign language although I understand all of it. She sings of her sorrows, her grief, her pain and her tragedies. Then she rubs her belly and whispers "I am so sorry" and I wake up in tears. I don't know the girl and yet she seems incredibly familiar.
I had the dream again last night. After the usual dream the scene changed to her in this cursed forest lying completely limp, dead. Then there were cries of an infant, a man took the baby and the scene changed once again, this time to the baby all grown up mourning the death of the man. There was sad, terrible smile on the child's face. I had a sudden realization that child was me; this was all a punishment for being joyful because of the death of the man that had presumably killed my mother. Perhaps this man was favoured by the gods. A flood of memories filled my head as I woke up.

Immediately after I had completely gained all the previously lost memories a light shone in the forest. I dragged myself to the source of the light, this was it, I had reached the end of this horrible journey.
As soon as I had completely gotten out of the forest I fell asleep once again. This time however I never woke up. I was finally dead. My spirit exited my body and I saw that I was still in forest, peacefully sleeping. Instantly all the relief and happiness in my mind vanished. This was truly a tragic end.