Phoenix Rising

Don't start playing the video until you get to Cole's POV. Won't make sense until then.

Lloyd

Several years after Kai's death in an unexpected eruption at the Fire Temple, while he was recovering from severe injuries, a new crime lord popped up in Ninjago City, by the name of Phoenix. The person took over every kind of crime within the city; drugs, prostitution, gangs, all of it, but overall, crime was down, and other gangs had been crushed since the person came roaring onto the scene, only that he would not tolerate selling to kids, or the harming of those he considered his property. No one had seen what Phoenix actually looked like or heard what he actually sounded like because he had a voice modulator in his helmet. The team and I had attempted to hack into the computer systems but found ourselves blocked each time. I even attempted to break into Phoenix's hideout a couple of times but ended up having to run off from their attacks each time. Out of nowhere, Nya yelled out in alarm from the garage within the mountain the monastery of spinjitzu was built on.

"Guys! Someone is hacking the computers in the garage! Hurry!" Nya called out over the intercom.

We all ran for the hidden elevator and made our way down to the garage. As we joined Nya, we could see letters and numbers flashing across the screen before a video of the Phoenix popped up on the screen.

"What the hell?" Cole whispered.

"Ninja, I hope you find this message well," Phoenix said calmly.

"What do you want?" I asked, stepping forward.

"Nothing much, Green Ninja. I intend on performing at next week's concert honoring your fallen Fire Ninja. I have no intention of harming anyone there because I care for my city, but I want your guarantee that I will not be arrested. The concert is neutral grounds for both Light and Dark forces. Do we have an accord?" Phoenix demanded.

"You have our word on our honor as Ninja that we will not make a move against you at the concert next week, Phoenix. But if you break the truce, you will face us personally," I growled.

"As if any of you could take me on," Phoenix seemingly sneered through his voice modulator before ending the video and backtracking his way out of our computer systems.

"I do not see any trace of him in our systems...Running diagnostics now..." Zane said shakily as he seemingly froze in place.

"Why do you think Phoenix wants to perform at the concert next week, Sensei?" Jay asked nervously.

"I...do not know. One can only hope that Phoenix's agenda does not end up destroying Ninjago," Wu said grimly as he stroked his beard.

Cole

A week after Phoenix hacked into the monastery's computer systems, everyone was gathering in Ninjago City for the Day of the Departed concert. Nya's parents were somewhere in the crowd, and Misako and Garmadon were also present. The others, Wu and I, were at the front of the crowd. The first several acts had come and gone with no sign of Phoenix. Finally, Dareth announced that it was time for the last act as the lights on the stage went out. A hush quieted the crowd as a haunting melody started up from the stage. Tiny, brief glimpses of flames whipped up on the stage for a fraction of a second in various positions. The music stopped for a moment, and the crowd held its breath before the lights came on dimly to reveal Phoenix and his band. Phoenix had a modified helmet revealing his mouth and lower jaw. We saw that Lloyd's reports of Phoenix actually having wings and tail feathers were true. Whether or not they were real was the question.

"Taken what was mine..." Phoenix sang almost sadly. "Stolen."

"What the hell?" Nya whispered.

Ninjago oneshots  (v2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें