Chapter 6

The Golden Age wasn't so golden; it was worse than Genesis had expected.

Kronos was, by all means, a tyrant; he was cruel and corrupt from the very beginning. There was no such thing as mercy and justice in his rule. The nymphs and satyr born from the blood of Ouranos lived under the terrifying rule of the Titans.

Even with the scythe, Kronos wouldn't dare provoke any primordial. The only reason he defeated Ouranos was that Gaea was helping him, and Ouranos was out of his domain. So, for the most part, he left the primordials alone, and they, in turn, did the same.

Genesis had watched as Aphrodite was created; she wasn't surprised that her daughter Thalassa had taken the young Titaness under her guidance. Thalassa had always been nurturing.

Every year, Genesis liked to have a gathering with all of her children to ensure they stayed connected. She didn't want her children to be divided and turn against one another. It was at these gatherings that Genesis and Aether were introduced to Aphrodite.

Flashback

"Mother, Father," Thalassa greeted, smiling joyfully. Genesis and Aether smiled at their eldest child, and no matter how many children they had, Thalassa always had a special place in their hearts. "I want to introduce you to someone."

They immediately noticed a woman standing behind their daughter and Pontus. Her features seemed to change to match what others perceived to be the most beautiful. But at the moment, she had blonde hair and kaleidoscopic eyes. However, in Aether's opinion, standing before Genesis made her look dull. No one could compare to his wife.

"This is Aphrodite," Thalassa introduced. Aphrodite smiled charmingly at the couple in front of her. They intimidated her, which was no surprise because they were both primordials. "The Titaness of Love and Beauty."

Genesis gazes at her critically, making Aphrodite nervous. The Eldest Child of Chaos was beautiful in a way that made Aphrodite self-conscious. She excluded an ancient aura of wisdom and power that eclipsed everyone in the room even though they could tell she was still holding back, which left her wondering just how powerful the primordial goddess truly was.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Lord Aether, Lady Genesis," Aphrodite bowed before them politely.

Aether could instantly tell that she was the daughter of Ouranos. He was aware of his wife's plan to bring their brother back, and he had watched the creation of Aphrodite with his wife, but he didn't expect Thalassa to take her as her ward.

"The pleasure is ours," Genesis nodded before Aphrodite was pulled into a conversation with Pyra. Their youngest daughter was always welcoming and friendly.

"Why did you take her in, daughter?" Aether asked curiously. Pontus stood silently beside his wife as she talked with her parents. Even though they were his siblings, he knew Genesis disapproved of him as her daughter's husband. And Aether would follow his wife's lead.

"She needed somewhere to go," Thalassa shrugged. "Besides, if she stayed with those brutish Titans, they would no doubt take advantage of her."

Genesis nodded grimly; she didn't even want to think about it. She would never know how they were Ouranos's children. It made her glad that she was a primordial goddess.

....

Genesis, Aether, Ananke, Chronos, Nyx, and Erebus stood in front of Chaos as he started gathering the essence of Ouranos scattered across the cosmos, Genesis made sure that no one could sense his resurrection.

Ouranos started forming right in front of them. Luckily, he had all of his body parts. Genesis had her doubts, especially about the creation of Aphrodite.

"Father," Ouranos greeted, bowing in thanks as he reformed before them.

"Son," Chaos smiled at his son after a discussion he left.

"Brother," Genesis smiled, embracing her brother. Ouranos smiled at her as he happily returned her hug. "It's good to have you back."

"It's good to be back," Ouranos greeted his remaining siblings.

"Your children don't seem to take any traits from you," Nyx remarked, causing Chronos and Aether to snicker.

"They get it from Gaea," Ouranos muttered, causing them all to chuckle.

"You have a new daughter," Genesis said, thinking of her daughter's ward.

"Yes, I am aware," Ouranos nodded; he already knew about Aphrodite; despite having his essence scattered, he could still see everything that happened on Earth.

"Will you show yourself?" Aether asked.

Ouranos shook his head to their surprise. Despite people's belief, he was not a bad parent to the Titans; he was actually a very caring and loving one before he was corrupted. "It is best if they think I am still scattered."

"Very well," Genesis agreed. "We will respect your wish, brother."