.prologue.

it was midday at (random high school), and y/n was on her way to the football pitch to meet her brother so they can walk home together. since it was a wednesday, the school day was shorter, but the sports teams still had practice. 

the warm sun was shining on her face, making her e/c eyes shimmer in the sun. when she took a seat at the bleachers surrounding the pitch, that is when her little brother, isagi, came out of the locker rooms. "hey yoichi!", the h/c haired girl greeted her brother as she accompanied him on his left side. 

"how was your day?", the younger one asked to which the older responded "it was alright, im just really really tired,". instead of verbally responding, he just nodded and they continued on their way home. when they were close to home, that is when their mom had called. 

mom: hey honey can you and yoichi pick up some milk on the way home? i thought i bought some but i was wrong

y/n: yea of course, we're gonna go right now.

mom: thank you hun

y/n: its nothing, alright bye

mom: bye

...

"what was mom saying?", the blue eyed boy asked. "she wanted us to pick up some milk," to which he just nodded in response. on the way to the convenience store, isagi had seen a familiar face. 

"oh hey rin!", he said enthusiastically to which he responded "hey" dryly. the rest of the walk was silent since there was a person that y/n didn't know. as she studied his features, she finally registered his attractiveness. his dark green hair that almost appeared black, his beautiful teal eyes, his lean physique, and his long bottom eyelashes. woah, y/n thought as she looked away, hoping that she didn't seem like a creep for looking at him for more than three seconds. 

in rin's perspective, her face was very unfamiliar to him. though there in the same grade and in some of the same classes, he never noticed her, but he did recognize her name. her flowing hair, her beautiful eyes, and her attentiveness to her surroundings made her all the more interesting. 

as they approached the convenience store, y/n quickly grabbed two cartons of milk and went to the register to pay as the other two stood outside. she walked outside and went a little bit ahead of the two boys. she could hear the conversations even with her airpods in, they were talking about soccer, their classes, and the upcoming game. 

.

when they got home, rin parted ways and went to his own house, which wasnt too far from where they lived. on the table, both of their parents and the two siblings sat down and ate dinner together. talking about each other's days, the grades, and the extracurriculars the teenagers took part in. 

after dinner, yoichi washed the dishes and the older sibling cleaned the table and picked up the dishes. when they finished their respective jobs, they went to their rooms and did their leisure activities. 

A/N: hello everyone! after finishing the shidou story, i decided to make a rin one!!

song of the day: paranoid by ken carson.