EPILOGUE - can't catch me now

"his need for control may stem from underlying fears of abandonment, leading Mr Kurokawa to maintain a tight grip on those around him

"his need for control may stem from underlying fears of abandonment, leading Mr Kurokawa to maintain a tight grip on those around him."
MAYA'S ROUGH NOTES ON K.I

[🎴]

The underpass looms overhead like a forgotten relic of urban decay, its walls coated in layers of graffiti and grime

The underpass looms overhead like a forgotten relic of urban decay, its walls coated in layers of graffiti and grime. Matsuno Chifuyu stands alone in the dim light, his silhouette cast long against the concrete pavement. He exhales a weary sigh, the weight of the world heavy on his shoulders as he gazes out into the empty expanse before him.

Karma, he thinks bitterly, is nothing more than a fairy tale for the weak-minded. If it were real, Kisaki Tetta would have faced justice long ago for his crimes. But life isn't fair, and justice is a fleeting illusion in a world ruled by power and greed.

Chifuyu's mind drifts back to the events that had led him here, to this empty underpass on a cold, unforgiving night. He remembers the faces of his friends, the ones who had stood by him through thick and thin, the ones who had paid the ultimate price for their loyalty. Baji, Smiley, Angry, Pah-chin, Peh-yan, Hakkai, Kazutora, and now, Maya—they were all gone, lost to him forever in a cruel twist of fate.

They were all gone and now Matsuno Chifuyu stands before Sano "Mikey" Manjiro after 12 years with the muzzle of the latter's gun pointed at him. Chifuyu's heart pounds in his chest as he faces him, his old friend turned bitter enemy. The weight of their shared history hangs heavy in the air, a silent testament to the bonds they once shared and the betrayal that tore them apart. Mikey's gaze is cold and unforgiving, his finger tense on the trigger of the gun and Chifuyu meets his gaze head-on with softness in comparison. He knows that this is the end, that Mikey holds the power to snuff out his life in an instant and he will. Chifuyu knows the cause of his friends' deaths was Mikey. It was obvious, especially with how Kazutora's body was found— stabbed in the same Baji stabbed himself 12 years ago.