7. The Story Of John

First's pov:

Khaotung and I were chilling, having a movie date when I got a few flashbacks of that night at the bar. Everything happened too fast for me to process it. Just when I was questioning who John was and how Khao knew him, the man had already shot Khao.

Although I shot the man right after he shot Khao to protect ourselves, he was still shot on the leg while Khao got shot on his stomach causing him to take a long time to heal the wound.
And the fact that I know the policemen weren't gonna do much about the incident was ridiculous. That's a clearly attempted murder. But the police have been trying their best to avoid this case. People were too scared to call the police so once again the victim gets no justice.

We were sitting on the couch, watching a movie, Khao's head on my lap. But my mind was clearly not occupied by the incidents of the movie.

"First, should we get some snacks?" I briefly heard Khao ask but didn't pay much attention.
"First!" He touched my face with his cold hands, causing me to slightly shiver from the light touch.

"Hmm?" I replied.

"Where's your mind?" He asked, concerned yet suspecting.

"I am... just thinking about that night."

"You're still not over it? It's been over a month!" He said as he squinted his eyebrows.

"But... nothing got solved. Your wound still hasn't healed, after the incident, it was all left unspoken like a mystery." I complained, my voice expressing my irritation and concern over the situation.

"What is it that you want to know about the incident?" He asked as he slowly sat back up on the couch.

I hesitated for quite but managed to bring myself to ask, "Who's John? How do you know him?" I asked.

"John is my ex-best friend. We used to be friends when we were both in university. But the friendship ended with a betrayal." He started to explained.

"What kind of betrayal? Was it such a big betrayal that he wanted to kill you?" I asked again, my concern growing.

"He's the one who betrayed me, I wasn't. He doesn't want to kill me. He's just jealous. He's jealous of my success. He's just trying his best to ruin my reputation."

"What was the betrayal about?" I questioned. He hesitated to answer and clearly was uncomfortable from the question but replied "I don't think you should know this."

"Why?" I asked.

"I- I don't know. I... don't think I can tell you that. It's hurtful." He sluterred.

"Are you hiding something, Khao?" I asked.

But he apologised, "I am sorry, First but I'm not allowed to tell you that."

"By who?"

"By myself."

"Khao, please. Tell me."

"Okay, fine. Here's the story. When I was in university, I had a crush on a girl named Nim. I confessed to her and turned out that she liked me too. We got into a relationship. Around a month into the relationship, I got to know she was cheating on me. So I broke up with her. It wasn't later on until I got to know she cheated on me with John. And it wasn't on purpose as John got her drunk and basically raped her. But till then she already left my life so I didn't get the chance to apologise to her." He explained.

"Woah! Poor girl!" I exclaimed. "That's messed up."

"I know." He replied. "Why did you not want to tell me that?"

"I don't know. I just feel like it's not my story to tell and I shouldn't be telling you about her."

I took a deep breath. "Hmm... I get it."

The movie ended even though none of our eyes were at the movie but each other. Khao's phone instantly rang. It's always ringing and it's always Jack who's calling.

"Hello Jack?" He picked up the phone.

"Sir, you need to come."

"Why? what happened?" He asked.

"Sir, we've caught John!"

"Really?? I am coming!" He immediately got up from the couch and rushed to his office, giving me a glance of goodbye.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Khaotung ran out of the car, almost falling on the way due to his still not completely healed wound. He went in and found John on a chair with his hand and legs tied to the chair.

"Why did you get me here, bastards?" John shouted.

Khao slowed his pace, slowly walking to his path of betrayal. "So? John, Mr. Ex best friend. How does it feel to be here?" He asked, slightly happy that he got to catch such a horrible person. Even though he hadn't made much progress in this case after months, he still was glad that at least he got to confront John.

John started wiggling trying his best to get out of those tight knots around his legs and hands. "Let me go, you bastard." He shouted again and Khaotung just smiled, mercilessly.

"How does it feel to be in front of the best friend you betrayed? Or are you planning to go around and rape more girls now?" Khao asked, his eyes filled with anger and disgust.

"Stop your bullshit! I didn't rape anyone, bastard." John replied.

"Still won't admit it, I see!" Khao grabbed his mouth, squeezing his cheeks together.

"Now tell me what you have to do with this case!" Khao exclaimed.

"It wasn't me!" John replied, making Khao laugh.

"Do you think we're that dumb?'' Khao asked, laughing.

John turned silent. "I saw you! Reveal yourself unless you want to be beaten to death." Khao said, smiling.

John still stayed silent. Khao grabbed a bat from nearby and started beating John up, until John gave up. "I'm telling you, okay, okay."

"Or should I send you to jail? You could be the murderer!" Khao exclaimed.

"No! Please don't send me to the police, Khao!" John begged.

"You've lost your quota to call me Khao. It's sir for you, Mr. John." Khao said.

"Please let me go, sir. I don't know anything about it." John begged again as Khao hit him once more with the bat.

"Not until you tell me who you're working for!" Khao hit John's legs on the spot he was shot before, causing him to scream in pain.

"I- I said I don't know anything about this case." He kept denying, making Khao suspect if he's actually involved in this case or not.

"Why were you in the bar then?" Khao asked, suddenly stopping.

"I was there for a robbery! I really don't know anything about who you're talking about!" Khao looked at Jack confusedly and rolled his eyes, "Let him go." He said to Jack, letting out a sigh of disappointment.

Khao walked around the office as Jack untied John's body, worried and deeply in thought.

To Be Continued.....