FIVE

"wave of you - surfaces"

Today was a boat day with the Pogues

Today was a boat day with the Pogues. After last nights weird antics with Rafe, I crashed in Sarah's room. We both woke up to the warm sounds of birds chirping and a friendly message from the Pogue chat. We were taking the boat out onto the marshlands with some beers to have fun. I've missed these days.

Me and Sarah got ready, me in a grey tank top and denim shorts, placing a red bikini underneath. JJ cannot be trusted on those marshlands, he's all for pushing someone in. Sarah put on a white crop top and some shorts and we headed out.

As we walked down the stairs I could hear arguing between Rafe and his father Ward. "Rafe you are not responsible enough to be taking on this business, not with your coke addiction, it's pathetic!" Ward scolded. Cocaine addiction, that's new. "I'm trying my best Dad I don't know what more you want me to do," Rafe pleaded. Sarah rolled her eyes and dragged me out of Tannyhill to the dock.

There pulled up the HMS Pogue and JJ took my hand, my other holding the cooler full of beers and I hopped onboard. Then Sarah followed. "Where's Kie?" I questioned. "Shift at The Wreck, duty calls," JJ sings. I nodded my head and took out a beer. I ripped the cap off with my teeth. This is gonna have to do seeing as the others don't know about the coke.

"Little adventure guys," John B stated steering the boat. Sarah rolled her eyes. "What's he talking about," I whispered. "Ugh some gold shit he's been obsessed with since we found out about the shipwreck," she huffed.

We found out about the Royal Merchant just before I left Outerbanks. John B was so focused on finding his father, that whilst in the process we discovered what big John was looking for in the first place. The Royal Merchant. Some old shipwreck that sank years and years ago that clearly John B is determined to find along with his father.

"So, gold," I nudge John B raising my eyebrows. "Yes, there was tons of gold on the ship and no one has ever found it. So now we will. Think how rich we all will be once we find it!" His eyes gleamed. "John B we aren't going to find it, I'm sorry but it's not gonna happen," Sarah spoke reaching in the cooler for another beer.

"Have a little bit of faith Sarah, we're the Pogues we can do anything! Wooo!" JJ shouted as he whipped his top off and sprang into the water like child. I chuckled to myself shaking my head. "There's gonna be loads of people looking for that gold," Pope laughed. "Then we better make sure we get to it first!" John B whistled.

"You coming in loser?" JJ shouted, his head bobbing up and down in the merky water. Fuck it! I threw my tank top over my head and tossed off my shorts. I ran and curled my knees up as my body hit the cool water. As I reached the surface I heard JJ say "that's my girl!"

Me and JJ swam round for a while like big kids. I enjoyed the freedom. No doubt I'm gonna have to go back to my father at some point. He was gonna kill me.

I climbed back on board the boat and wrapped myself in a towel. John B pulled out some sort of map. "The gold is somewhere in between here," he reached, marking out three spots on the map. "Well that narrows it down," I whispered causing Sarah to let out a laugh. "If we stick to it then we will find it, I'm very hopeful," John B said determined. He wrapped his arm around Sarah bringing her into an embrace. I'm so glad they got together. My childhood best friends.

We rode back down the marshlands towards the island when we heard music blasting. The engine of another boat was heading our way. Topper's boat. As they drove past, everyone on Topper's boat sent glares our way. "Take a photo it will last longer," JJ boomed. Pope smacked his arm and JJ let out a moan.

There was Topper, Kelce and Rafe. All had a girl on there arms. I don't know why I found him attractive. Guess it was just the best friends brother fetish. Rafe Cameron was no more than a drug user, island player and only loved the attention on himself. But he somehow gave me butterflies everytime his eyes darted to mine.

Which they did. His eyes were staring into my soul and my heart felt the burning from them.

Rafe

I felt her eyes meet mine. The green in them giving a glow in the sunlight. I had a girl wrapped round my arm, I couldn't tell you what her name was. She wasn't the girl I wanted. The girl I wanted was sat staring right back at me, with her natural hair curling falling perfectly on her face. Fuck off Rafe you big simp.

I couldn't help but think back to last night. The cut in her face. She's lying saying it's surfing. That girl has surfed since she was little and knows when there's rocks nearby. She did surfing competitions every summer for God's sake. Someone had hurt her and I was more than determined to find out who the fuck it was.