It Begins

It had started out as a normal day for me. I got up at 06:00, grabbed my work clothes and sat in the bathroom for 20 minutes before getting dressed, leaving the bathroom and heading into the kitchen to make my coffee, brush my hair and collect my things I was taking to work. Then my Dad would drive me to work and I would spend the next 8 hours wishing I wasn't there and that I wasn't standing for the whole time while customers took forever to decide on what they wanted to order. Then I would leave, head back home, make more coffee, and then ponder on what to do with my time until dinner gets served anywhere from 7-8:30 and then climb into bed to scroll on my phone for the next two hours until my clock reads 00:00 and then fall asleep. And then I wake up the next day to repeat the cycle.

Only this time, I had broken the cycle.

When I got home from work, still made myself a nice cup of coffee that tastes like liquid chocolate cannoli, I immediately changed into comfy loungewear, and took a seat on my couch remote in hand. I had an idea as to what I wanted to watch and I finally had a break from being an indecisive whiny little bitch and decided to put on a show I had been obsessed with in my youth.

Transformers.

Optimus riding with several other Autobots on the Autobot symbol graced my eyes as I watched the opening of the very first episode. My attention was solely on the screen that I hadn't looked away when the streaming service froze and glowing white eyes stared back at me from the tv screen.

Naturally, I did what any logical person would if they were in my situation.

I promptly screamed and rushed down the hallway of my apartment to my room and locked myself in.

I climbed up the bunk bed I shared with my older brother and hunkered down underneath my thick fleece blankets, holding my plush chibi husbando pillow of Katsuki Bakugou close as I was using the plush chibi husbando pillow of Izuku Midoriya to support my head.

I stayed up there for what felt like hours, though it may have been a few minutes realistically. At some point, I fell asleep and when I woke up I was not prepared for the shit show that was about to begin.

This is what I get for breaking the cycle.