🦕ྀི (XIX)

Chapter Nineteen

[Y/N POV]

But he is cut off as an explosion shakes the sky. The helicopter had crashed and hundreds of pteranodons fly out of the dome's broken glass.

Ben covers his mouth, and I let out a frightened sound.

"With those pteranodons loose, we're sitting ducks!" Darius yells. "We've gotta take cover!"

Kenji gasps as he takes Brooklyn's tablet in his hands. "The Kayak River! The entrance is near here. It goes underground, beneath the ridge. If we follow it, it'll take us right to the main park!"

"Then that's where we need to be." Darius says determinedly. "Come on!"

Ben and I struggle with carrying Bumpy, and it's even harder with my broken bone.

Kenji runs back to help us, and together, we dash to the cave.

"There it is!" Brooklyn and the others disappear into it, but the three of us and Bumpy lag behind.

"Hurry, we need to go in!" I pant in frustration.

"Come on, Bumpy!" Ben yells, desperate.

A pteranodon notices us, and its claws descend terrifyingly. Kenji picks Bumpy up, and Ben and I run to the cave.

A door closes on the flying reptile on time, and we all pant in relief.

"Jurassic World River Adventures. Prepare yourselves for the wonder of the underground river," a female automative voice says over a hidden speaker.

We all look around to see that we are in a dimly lit cave with 4 kayaks floating on the water, complete with paddles and life jackets.

"Two adventures per kayak. Life vests must be worn at all times. Adults, please fasten your own life vests before helping little adventurers. Remain seated at all times. Your journey begins now."

As the voice over the speaker talks, we quickly clip on our safety jackets and walk to the edges of the decks, where the kayaks are floating beside.

"Brooklyn and I call the CKK." Kenji says with fake happiness, flashing a small joking smile at Y/N to cheer her up, since he'd seen her stricken look from all the deaths so far.

He isn't very bothered by it because he's watched a lot of violent scenes when he was young; his dad never had time to check on what he's watching, so Kenji didn't know what the appropriate movies were until he grew up to a more mature age.

"CKK?" Yasmina scoffs scornfully.

"Cool kids kayak." Kenji puts on a pair of sunglasses for extra swag, and a small smile forms on Y/N's lips. Ben notices, and mouths, "Thank you." to Kenji. He nods in response.

"Ben and Bumpy can go in this one with Y/N." Darius points, and the three of them climb in it.

Sammy looks at Yaz hopefully, but she scoffs angrily and climbs into a lone kayak by herself.

Darius gives Sammy a concerned look and rides in one with her.

[Roxie POV]