Prologue

Lorelai Victoria Gilmore was 17 years old when she had an affair with Mitchum Huntzberger which led to her being pregnant with her second child.
The day that Lorelai found out that she was pregnant with Mitchum Huntzberger's child was a hard one. Lorelai knew that her parents would love it as they've always wanted to join their family with the Huntzbergers but Lorelai wasn't sure what Mitchum would do. It was true that both he and Shira had multiple affairs but they also had two children a girl called Honor and a boy called Logan and Lorelai didn't want to upset their life anymore than it already was. Lorelai heard her year old daughter Rory crying from the other room.
Lorelai walked into Rory's bedroom and picked her up to take her through to her bedroom where she had a bottle ready for Rory. As she was sat on her bed feeding Rory, Lorelai knew she had to leave Hartford and no one must know who the father was of her unborn child.
By the end of the week Lorelai had all of hers and Rory's things packed and she had found a place for them to live in Stars Hollow. Lorelai left her parents Emily and Richard a note one the living room table saying that she was pregnant with Mitchum Huntzberger's baby and that they had to leave Hartford as she didn't want him to know then her and Rory were gone.
Over the next couple of months Lorelai found herself a job at the independence inn as a maid. Whilst Lorelai was working Rory was looked after by the owner. Lorelai made sure that she had everything that she would need for her child, for her and Rory and for their house.
As Lorelai's due date got closer and closer she began making plans about who would look after Rory whilst she was in labour. Lorelai asked her parents if they wouldn't mind looking after Rory. Her parents didn't mind at all so it was decided that when Lorelai went into labour Emily and Richard would look after Rory.
The morning of August 3rd Lorelai was woken up early to very painful contractions. Lorelai rang her parents so that they could take her to the hospital and so that they could look after Rory. Emily and Richard got there pretty quickly and they were soon on their way to the hospital.
After arriving at the hospital Lorelai was taken straight to the birthing wing.
Four and a half hours later Lorelai had given birth to a little girl who she had called Matilda Rose Gilmore.