The story of a self aware teenage boy

Weeping and sad Jake finds himself in a old woman's apartment ," I remember it like it was yesterday , I was given two choices that could change my life for the better or for the worse

I'm Jake" and this is my story , I was bullied while in primary school for my bad skin and ugly looks , people would often refer to me as lunchbar because of my severe acne .

One beautiful Thursday on Valentine's day , I asked a girl named Emily to be my valentine and she rejected me in the most horrible way, she said " no you ugly rodent ,why would I want to be your valentine , never in a million years".

That day I went home crying , little old me thought I would never be accepted the way I was, a few years passed and I eventually made it to high School and that's when everything changed , after the horrible things those kids said to me I decided to steal my mom's skincare products.

I had gotten clearer skin in weeks time, I thought that since my skin was clear people might accept me ,little did I know that it would be worse , people there were meaner than the kids from primary school .

I started getting used to the bullying , the teachers would warn the kids that bullied me in primary school but here everything was so  different .

I eventually made a friend her name was Lucy , she didn't care about my looks at all , weeks turned into months, months turned into years but slowly people started to accept me more.

One day as I was walking back home from school  I ran into some old woman with heavy grocery bags, I offered to help and she accepted , I helped her to her apartment, but something was wrong , I asked her for cold water because it was extremely hot , she told me to come in .

Little did I know that my life would change forever , once I entered the door closed shut, I was scared the old woman told me something I didn't expect her to know , she told me that
She wanted to help me because of all the bullying I was going through.

I doubted her and told her that I was okay , she refused and insisted that she help me , I eventually agreed and asked how she was going to change me , she gave me a bottle which had a yellow liquid , she told me to drink it and the next morning everything would change , I gladly took the bottle and left .

As soon as I got home I stood in my room trying to decide if I wanted to drink it, if I did I would become handsome and most people would like me, if I didn't people would still hate me but would Lucy recognise and accept me now?

I had a tough decision to make , I started thinking about what the kids from primary School used to say about me and it brought me to a decision,I was gonna drink it , I drank it and slept immediately.

The next morning I ran straight to the mirror and I saw someone unrecognisable, was it me?, did I really change? Of course I slapped myself just to make sure it was not a dream .I looked handsome for the first time

It was real , that morning when I went to school  everyone looked shocked to see me , Lucy didn't recognise me ,she stopped talking to me and looked the other way when she saw me, I asked her why and she ignored me flat , after a few weeks I asked her again, she told me that I didn't need to change myself ,I was perfect the way I was.

She told me she liked me better when everyone didn't like me ,I just took it as jeoulousy, but after a while I also started to think about what she said, I came to a decision, I went back to the old woman's apartment and asked if she could reverse what she did to me , luckily she could . So she gave me a red liquid .

And when I got home I drank it and slept , the next morning  I was back to my normal state , when I got to school , everyone gave me side eye's
But Lucy she came straight to me and hugged me , she told me she was glad that I took her advice . After a while I realised I had feelings for Lucy and confessed to her , she  then also confessed that she liked me back .

We started dating and everything went alright , we finished high school , I had a glow up and went to college with Lucy , after a few years we got married ,now we're married with 2 kids , a boy and a girl ,living happily ever after.

The End!!