ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 3

It was well past midnight. A time when most people were usually asleep, yet there was a man dressed in a long black coat, casually strolling down the street, as if it wasn't the middle of the night.

A mouse suddenly scuttled across his shoe as he approached a grim and dreary house (more like a shack if he was being honest).

He scoffed in disgust.

It seemed as though the area was infested with these pesky rodents.

Quickly turning around as if checking to ensure no one was following him, he promptly banged on the door and briskly entered as the door opened.

"Blimey Peter how about you go on leave the opened a little bit wider so the entire world can see us" Sirius hissed as he entered the house. "Shut the door," He said sharply

"Well don't let don't just stand there then" A very agitated Peter snarked back, rolling his eyes, "Why the bloody hell are you banging my door like a lunatic in the middle of the night?"

Peter drank some tea while Sirius sat on the couch and went straight to the point.

"I need you to become the secret keeper for James and Lily"

Peter spat out his tea.

"You want me to WHAT?"

"I want you to become the secret keeper for James" Sirius repeated hurriedly.

"Why me?" Peter squeaked

" I can't be the secret keeper, it would be way obvious and they will suspect me almost immediately, and since Voldemort- oh shut up," he said sharply when Peter shrieked and spilt his tea, "and since Voldemort and his little inbred cousin fuckers are close to finding out where I and my family lives, there's a big chance that he'll be able to track me down fairly quickly."

"But why not Remus?" Peter questioned "I mean don't get me wrong," he said hastily "I can do it, but why come to me?"

"Look" he lowered his voice, "What I'm about to tell you stays between us alright?" I currently do not trust Remus right now, and I suspect that he has been working with the other side, DO NOT tell Aria this, you know how close the two are, and if my suspicions are true about Remus....I don't even want to think about what would even happen"

Peter didn't say anything but just nodded.
He was shocked, but for the wrong reasons unfortunately for Sirius .

 He was shocked that an opportunity like this had come.

"Well?" Sirius asked impatiently, "Do you accept the task?"

Peter didn't hesitate, "I do, I accept the task"

Satisfied, Sirius left.

Peter smirked as he waved goodbye.

Only one thought kept on repeating in his head.

His job had just gotten a whole lot easier.