Chapter 44

To the Princess of Silla, brother Taehyung was her role model

To the Princess of Silla, brother Taehyung was her role model. Though a skillful warrior, he was an eminent scholar as well, and in her quest to be like him, she found herself trying to learn mathematics and astronomy. And she eventually excelled in the subjects. She also tried to be most perfect in whatever she was very good at, which was art, music and dance She was a gifted dancer as well as singer, natural artist too, her strokes as well-defined as her sense of colour. Her love for nature blossomed and took her beyond the aesthetics of tints, shades and fragrance, leading into a scientific interest in plants and flora.

The saint had discovered that the young princess had a singular, unusual gift-that of healing. It was not just the sandalwood and herbal pastes that worked wonders on the soles of tired feet or on pulsating temples pounding with headaches. It was the cool, soft touch of her hand that worked marvels. Under his tuition chaeyoung immersed in the world of medicinal herbs and other remedies. She became a skilled healer within a short time.
His father would often find her nursing the torn limbs and bloodied bodies of wounded soldiers.

Witnessing Jungkook has been poisoned chaeyoung's feet took root in her spot. Fear and shock warred within her. She swayed on her heavy feet, feeling ill, her breath growing tight. No! How did this happen? A lot of questions came into her mind at that moment.

"It's a good thing we are not far from the palace," she breathed quietly as her fingers continued to trace the poisoned skin while her other hand was grasping for the canteen.

" Jungkook, I don't want to panic you, but-"

"I've been poisoned," He finished for her. She looked up at him with wide eyes.

"Just because I was telling you I was fine doesn't mean that I didn't know something was wrong. I'm no healer but cold sweat is not usually a good sign." Jungkook added with his old dry humor.

"So you knew! If you weren't feeling well then why didn't you tell at the first place?" Chaeyoung questioned him angrily. She moved behind him and looped her arms under his to help him into a sitting position. He leaned heavily against her, his breathing still ragged.

"I wanted to make sure that we get somewhere safe. Beside I didn't wish to worrying you unnecessarily. I was expecting infection at most but this poison thing came by surprise. But don't worry. We have time. My experience says this is a slow poison. Even if it is fatal it could'not have gotten me easily. I think I can manage myself now." said Jungkook.

As she brought horse near him, he reached over and grabbed the reins of his horse that were hanging down from the bridle.

"This lying to me thing is becoming a habit of yours and I do not like it, no matter the reasons behind it," chaeyoung replaced the cloth on his arm where it had been and pulled her arms out from his support. He fell back unceremoniously onto his right side. She made the horse stand still it as he managed to struggle to his feet with the help of horse.