Welcome back to disaster population 1

I flew to Green dale as quickly as possible after Jasper's funeral as I couldn't stand being there any longer. When I got there I realized that the town is now a full fledged city. The people had gathered at the city square. The soldiers were arguing with people that things have changed so they need to volunteer to be soldiers. Despite their pleas and explanations no one stepped forth since they had no urge to go on a killing spree. They made it clear that they came here to be farmers or rich socialites so these guys can go looking for hired guns elsewhere. So the soldiers asked for more than half their crops as payment for protection.

This made even those who lethargic to start yelling. This would kill everyone and that the next year there will be no one to harvest or crop to plant. Some asked if these guys had any education about how farming worked. They didn't want to leave empty handed so they declared that they had taken an interest in Valentina. So they asked if it was possible to sell the property. That was not possible since the property was owned by five prominent families. They are not interested in handing over their home. So these guys ended up fixing the building on the outskirts of town called Burgess. I had bad memories regarding that square space so I will try to avoid it as much as possible.

I waited till everyone went back to their daily routine for the day to knock on the door. As always I had reached the door when it opened and I was asked to get in before I attract trouble. This time the military made a rule that strangers that enter the property are considered intruders that must be signed to the army immediately. We sat down to talk about how I will be introduced to the rest of the town and the story was that I was Anya's cousin. My parents have passed away and I was sent to live here. They arranged the relevant papers to dupe everyone. Tomorrow I will hop on a train and arrive here pretending to be an orphan. What could possibly go wrong? Maybe I spoke too soon.

~Let me know what you think I would like to have your feedback to improve~