OC - Dante Miller

Fandom: Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Name: Dante

Gender: Male

Age: Fifteen

Godly parent: Hermes

Human parent (if living): Chiara Miller

Eye color: Brown, with a warm reddish tint in certain lights. The left eye is dichroic, and has a wedge of blue running from the pupil to the edge of the iris.

Skin tone: Tanned olive

Hair (color, style, and length): Dark brown, curly, and medium length. His hair is very thick and occasionally falls into his eyes, which he finds annoying, but otherwise he thinks it's the perfect length. He often holds it back with a gold band that imitates a wreath of olive leaves.

*Unique features (height, freckles, vitiligo, etc.): Dante is on the average side, height-wise, but a somewhat slender build makes him seem much taller than he really is. He has a dichroic left eye, and subtle freckles.

*Accessories (jewelry of any sort, glasses, bandaids, etc.): His gold olive-leaf band, and a pair of fingerless gloves that he occasionally wears to work. At any given time his arms and face are usually dappled with at least a few scrapes and bandages, thanks to his rough-and-tumble ways.

Usual clothes/clothing style: He often pairs his Camp Half-Blood shirt with sturdy, loose black pants. His footgear is either combat boots, sandals, or nothing—but he is usually barefoot, and clad in a sleeveless second camp shirt (rumors say he 'borrowed' it long ago) and shorts.

Positive personality traits: Dante is cheerful, amiable, and kind. He enjoys helping others, (even if he might sneak a dead spider into their favorite mug later), and can usually be found performing chores around the camp. Though he is often mischievous or sarcastic, he also has a quiet nature. He can be very sympathetic, and does his best to comfort a fellow demigod when he can—even if he doesn't have advice to offer, he has found that simply listening often helps.

Negative personality traits: Despite his better side--and reputation for always being available for work and games--Dante is not without strong faults. He is conniving, vengeful, and has a sharp tongue when angry. He is quick-witted and, if roused, often uses it for ill, with biting words carefully intended to wound and insult. Remembering a past grievance for years, he never passes up an opportunity for revenge. Even if the issue was petty, he pays it back with a will.

Goals: He is not particularly ambitious, and is content with life at Camp Half-Blood. Though he has an impulsive, active disposition, he has outlets for it in his work, training, and camp activities. If asked, he will say he just wants to survive to adulthood, but he secretly entertains dreams of professional horseback riding and ballet.

Likes: Working, swimming, shenanigans, hanging out with The Boys, relaxing in the evening around the bonfire

Dislikes: Cats, doing nothing, being congested, the sound of keyboard-clicks on phones, when the gods wear casual modern clothes

Mannerisms or peculiarities: He has a slight stutter that surfaces when he is nervous or tense. It is linked to anxiety, so uncomfortable situations bring it out the strongest, but otherwise it isn't there. It was worse when he was a child, and he has mostly grown out of it.

Relationship with godly parent: He and Hermes are fairly easy-going together. They rarely see each other, but Dante doesn't mind very much. He can be patient when he wants to, and applies it in this area instead of letting the situation strain their relationship. He has a method of "saving up" stories and thoughts for their times together, and tries to get the most out of them as possible.

He likes it when the gods wear their old Greek clothing, and after their first few meetings, Hermes tries to always show up appropriately attired in a toga and winged sandals.

*Hobbies: Pegasi-riding, wrestling, making pottery, and trying to tail Argus for as long as possible without being seen (he is particularly bad at this, but they both enjoy it).

Fun fact: The only time he has ever actually broken a bone was when he tried to fly his favourite pegasus up onto the roof of the Big House. The pegasus' foot went through the porch roof and chaos ensued, during which he tumbled off the house and fractured his humerus amidst a lot of yelling from the directors and various demigods, who had been assembled below for a gathering to discuss a blight affecting the hemlock dryads.