𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

The hotel's dimly lit hall felt like a world away from the noise and intensity of the arena, a quiet sanctuary as we made our way to Hyunjin's room

The hotel's dimly lit hall felt like a world away from the noise and intensity of the arena, a quiet sanctuary as we made our way to Hyunjin's room. My head pounded with a relentless pressure, a physical echo of the turmoil that swirled within me, unnoticed by Hyunjin as he carefully observed my withdrawn state.

Once inside, the familiarity of the room offered a small comfort. I mechanically kicked off my shoes and slipped off my jacket, my movements automatic as I tried to shed the weight of the evening along with them. Settling into a chair, I found myself watching Hyunjin as he moved about the room with an ease that contrasted sharply with the tension I felt. His movements were calm and measured as he undressed, hanging up his jacket before his gaze met mine, a silent question lingering in his eyes.

"Okay, I'm going to order plenty of food," he said, his voice soft, attuned to the undercurrent of my distress. I could only nod in response, my fingers weaving through my hair in a futile attempt to ease the mounting pressure in my temples.

As Hyunjin made the call, the sound of his voice was both grounding and distant, a reminder of the normalcy we both sought amidst the chaos. The promise of a shared meal, a simple yet profound gesture, offered a semblance of comfort, a momentary respite from the shadows that haunted me.

Once the call was made, he turned back to me, his expression a mix of concern and determination. "Food will be here soon. In the meantime, talk to me, Felix. Whatever it is, we'll face it together," he said, closing the distance between us with a few measured steps.

The sincerity in his voice, the open invitation to share the burden that weighed so heavily on me, cracked the facade I had been struggling to maintain. The events of the evening, the unexpected encounter, and the resurfacing of past traumas seemed to converge, demanding acknowledgment.

Taking a deep breath, I met his gaze, finding in his eyes a strength and understanding that bolstered my resolve. "It's just...seeing him again, it brought back everything. All the fear, the pain," I began, my voice barely a whisper. "I thought I'd moved past it, but tonight showed me that some wounds run deeper than I realized."

"Wait, who are you talking about?" Hyunjin asked, his voice calm yet laced with concern as he squatted down in front of me, capturing my full attention. His hands, warm and reassuring, enveloped mine, grounding me as I grappled with the swirling thoughts and emotions.

I hesitated, the weight of the question and the fear of exposing too much of my past holding me back momentarily. But Hyunjin's patient gaze, filled with genuine care and a desire to understand, encouraged me to open up.

"It's...the fighter from tonight," I started, my voice faltering as I braced myself to revisit the painful memories. "He's not just any opponent. He's connected to something very personal and painful from my past." I paused, the admission hanging heavily between us, the fear of judgment or misunderstanding momentarily silencing me.