Chapter 4: Canyon Moon

July 18th 2023

Lisa and Chamile entered the break room, the air was thick with tension and exhaustion. It had been a long day, filled with challenges and frustrations, and they both knew they needed an outlet to release the pent-up stress that had been building inside them.

Without a word, Lisa headed straight for the shelf where a stack of old dishes awaited their fate. Grabbing a plate with a determined grip, she hurled it against the far wall with all her might, the satisfying shatter echoing through the room as ceramic shards scattered across the floor.

Chamile followed suit, her movements fueled by the same primal need to let go of the weight that had been pressing down on her all day. She seized a mug from the countertop and hurled it against the opposite wall, the sound of its impact mingling with Lisa's as they unleashed their frustrations in tandem.

With each crash and smash, the tension in the room slowly began to dissipate, replaced by a sense of cathartic release and renewal. As they continued to vent their frustrations through the act of destruction, they found solace in the shared understanding of their mutual need for catharsis.

Finally, spent and breathless, Lisa and Chamile stood amidst the wreckage they had created, their chests heaving with exertion and their minds finally free from the burdens that had weighed them down.

"I'm glad we decided to do this, Chamile," Lisa said, a hint of relief evident in her voice as she surveyed the aftermath of their stress-relieving session. "I missed spending time with my bestie."

Chamile offered a warm smile in return, her eyes reflecting a sense of understanding and camaraderie. "Me too, Lisa," she replied, her tone laced with sincerity. "Sometimes, you just need to break things to feel whole again."

As they shared a moment of quiet reflection amidst the scattered debris of their impromptu break room therapy session, Lisa and Chamile knew that no matter what challenges life threw their way, they could always count on each other to provide comfort, support, and the occasional opportunity for a little destructive release.

Lisa grinned mischievously at Chamile's blush, her eyes sparkling with amusement as she teased her friend about the upcoming anniversary. "So... my favorite couple is coming up with their six-year anniversary," she remarked knowingly, nudging Chamile playfully.

Chamile's cheeks flushed a deeper shade of red at the mention of the milestone, her expression sheepish as she admitted her uncertainty. "Don't remind me," she replied with a nervous laugh. "I have no idea what I want to do with Dinah."

Lisa chuckled at Chamile's dilemma, shaking her head in mock disbelief. "I can't believe you've been with someone for six years," she teased gently, her tone affectionate. "I didn't think anyone would ever tie you down."

Chamile rolled her eyes playfully at Lisa's comment, though there was a fondness in her gaze as she met her friend's eyes. "Well, stranger things have happened," she quipped, a hint of warmth in her voice. "And I couldn't be happier."

As they shared a moment of lighthearted banter, Lisa and Chamile found solace in the comfort of their friendship, grateful for the laughter and camaraderie that had seen them through the ups and downs of life.

The girls heading into Jimmy's and sat at their usual booth, waiting to get their orders taken. Valarie comes up to the friend's with a smile.

"Hey, Valarie," Lisa greeted with a warm smile.

Valarie returned Lisa's smile, though there was a hint of tension in her expression as she took their orders. "Hey, Lisa," she replied politely, her voice tinged with a hint of hesitation.