c h a p t e r (6)

᭝ ᨳଓ ՟

"... and remember, we're only here to get a few things, not the whole store." Ellery repeated for the umpteenth time.

Mona rolled her eyes playfully. "Alright, mom."

As the taxi came to a stop in front of the boutique, the driver let out a sigh of relief, grateful to have found a parking spot in the busy area.

"We're here." He announced to them. Mona gently tapped Ellery's leg, gesturing for her to get down on the other end.

Mona paid the taxi driver, before stepping out, as Ellery accidentally banged the car's door shut. The driver threw her a death glare and she bowed apologetically.

"Sorry, it slipped out of my hold."

With a groan, the man started the car and drove away. Ellery shrugged it off and turned to Mona who was straightening her skirt.

Ellery was wearing a comfortable pair of high-waisted light blue jeans that hug her curves and accentuate her figure, and a loose-fitting white graphic t-shirt with a colorful and playful design. The graphic on the shirt features a cute illustration of a cat wearing sunglasses, adding a fun and youthful vibe to her look.

To complete her outfit, she opted for a light gray oversized cardigan and a pair of white sneakers, with a chunky sole. She wore her adopted mother's gift - a delicate gold necklace with a small pendant.

On the other hand, Mona is rocking a knee length flora skirt with a side split, and a yellow blouse. She has her black crossbody bag carrying her credit card and phone. She completes her casual look with a decent pair of checkers vans.

The wind blowing through her loose waves, Ellery looked up at the name of the boutique.

"Belle's Closet." she read out loud.

The name was written in bold, cursive letters, and the sign was decorated with pink and white flowers. Ellery looked at Mona, and they smiled at each other, knowing they were in for a treat.

The entrance doors slid open, welcoming them with a gentle whoosh. The scent of freshly brewed coffee from the nearby coffee machine mingled with the sweet perfume of blooming flowers. Laughter echoed as families strolled by, their children darting between legs like playful squirrels.

The marble floors gleamed under the soft glow of crystal chandeliers. Escalators carried shoppers upward, their metal steps humming a rhythmic tune. The walls were adorned with oversized art pieces-a splash of color here, a geometric pattern there- beckoning visitors to explore.

"This place looked really small from the outside!" Mona whispered in shock, her mouth hanging open as they wandered deeper into the boutique.

The perfume section enveloped them in a cloud of scents-jasmine, vanilla, and musk. They tested fragrances on paper strips, giggling as they compared notes. Nearby, the electronics aisle buzzed with neon lights and the hum of gadgets. A teenager marveled at the latest smartphone, eyes wide with longing.

Upon seeing a line of new nail polish colors from oliveandjune collection, Mona screamed.

"Oh my God! I've been wanting to buy that color." She started for the entrance and Ellery grabbed her.