Roam the Meadows

Second - Point of View.
Y/n's Perspective.

A yawn left your throat, stretching your arms up to rid of the slight numbing that happened when you were asleep. Taking a small look on your bedroom window, a small smile forms on your lips. You set yourself to the side, grabbing your blanket off of you and standing up from your bed and taking two steps that led you to your windowsill. Having a cramped place is something that you're used to since you were born, having moved into Paris two years ago. You feel this sense of being truly at home when the place is small, is it just you?

You set one of your elbows on the windowsill, bringing your palm under your chin as you look at the view of cars, people, and animals down below. Then you saw some people wearing backpacks and crossing the road, right then you finally realized something. You slightly jolt off from the windowsill, with a look of shock and worry. It's Monday..! You don't get to do extra things when you're supposed to be going to school right about now! Y/n- you idiot..! You lightly hit yourself in the head a few times, and then begin to get ready for school.

By the time you are finished showering, brushing your teeth, and getting dressed. Your mother looked you up and down with an unamused expression and a sigh left her lips. "Y/n, are you really going to school like that?" You gave your mother a nervous laugh and kissed her cheek. "Sorry mom, but I'll be late if I take any more time..!" You say, chugging the glass of water from the dining table, which you almost activated your gag reflex from doing so, thankfully your throat mercy you from it for now.

"Slow down, Y/n..! Haist.." You let out another laugh and apologize, before meeting yourself out and closing the door behind you. You drop your shoulders with a small sigh, holding your bookbag from one hand and the other hugging the three textbooks to your chest. "I better hurry, or I'll definitely be late.." You mumble under your breath, you increase your speed as you walk down the sidewalk. Eyes widening when people are already crossing the pedestrian lane from a few steps ahead.

You outright ran, if you can't catch it there's no saying you'll be able to catch your class too! Your hair flew down your vision, making it hard to see, you blew air from your lips trying to somehow get it away from your sight. You then had to make a very risky halt, you stumble a bit but you catch your footing fortunately enough. You look back at the traffic light, only to be a bit disappointed that you were late to actually cross.

You set your attention forward towards the sidewalk across the pedestrian lane. Although, your eyebrows knitted together in confusion as to why an old person is still passing across the busy road. Your mind almost did a factory reset, as you sprinted forward and gently grabbed the old man's arm and led him over and into the safe part of the road.

That was close, you're glad you acted on instinct and possibly saved the old man's life. "Thank you, young lady.. That was brave of you to do that." He smiles, and you ended up sending him one of your own. "It's no problem, I couldn't just watch and not do something about it..." The old man nodded and said thank you once again, with you shaking your head saying it's completely alright.

You wipe the small sweat that formed on your forehead with the back of your hand. Patting your pockets, then waist, you jerk your head up in realization. You dropped your textbooks..! Oh no..! Turning your head back to the other side of the road, you didn't expect a familiar bluenette girl trying to wave at you. Struggling to hold the many items in her hands, a few of them - your textbooks.

"Uhm, you dropped this.. I suppose the least I could do is bring it back to you." The girl said with a chuckle, you giggle back politely taking your textbooks from her hands. "Thank you.." You say, as the old man looks back and forth between the both of you. "How nice of her to do that." The old man says, making the bluenette girl scratch the back of her head. *It's nothing really.. I-I'll be going now..!" She waves to the both of you, turning her back and walking towards the school.