[ one ]

Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday, August 15th 11:45 p.m.

" And now welcome to the stage, Miss Molly McCain, who will be preforming her new single, Emotions! "

the voice of the stage director sounded out through the club, the lush red drapes began to lift towards the ceiling. Cheers and whistles began to fill the room as I was finally reviled to the club.

The dark red dress that was fitted near the top to show off just the right amount of cleavage, but fell more lose at the hips flowing down like water, the tall slit going up my left thigh was the show stopper thoug, it showed off the black red bottom heels that I had chosen for tonight, I always got more tips when I wore them.

A string of pearls hung off of my neck, landing just above the sweetheart neckline of of gown. I lifted of one my glove covered hands to the silver microphone stand that was in front of me. The entire room and been reduced to silence as the people in the plush seats waited for me to begin.

The band behind me begin to play the first notes of the song that we had been rehearing for the past two weeks, the melody filling all corners of the large room.

Emotions, what are you doin'?
Oh, don't you know, don't you know you'll be my ruin?
You've got me crying, crying again
When will you let this heartache end?

Emotions, you get me upset
Why make me remember what I wanna forget?
I've been lonely, lonely too long
Emotions, please leave me alone

You worry my days, yes, you torture my nights
Never a dream, no, those dreams never turn out right

Emotions, give me a break
Let me forget that I made a mistake
Oh, can't you see what you're doin' to me?
Emotions, please set me free

You worry my days, oh, you torture my nights
Never a dream, no, those dreams never turn out right

Emotions, give me a break
Oh, let me forget that I made a mistake
Oh, can't you see what you're doing to me?
Emotions, please set me free

When the final note of the song left me the room erupted in applause, some of the club members began to toss dollar bills onto the stage, oh how I loved this.

" Oh thank you! thank you all! " I shouted out as more people tossed money onto the stage, I turned my head to look onto the left side of me, signaling my assistant to enter the stage and begin collecting my money. I waved to the crowd one last time before blowing off a kiss as I walk of stage, the stage manager is waiting for me with a fur coat in his hands, once I'm close enough he slides it onto my shoulders, leaving me to secure it with my left hand.

" You did well Molly, come to my office  before you leave tonight to collect your earnings, enjoy yourself, maybe have a drink. " He says to me as he turns to leave, probably to go try and hook up with the new bartender.

Jenny, on of the backup vocalist rushes towards me, almost tripping on her heels as she does.

" Molly, did you hear? Markus said that there's this really well known producer by the bar, you should go talk to him! Try to get out of this dump. "

She's almost talking too fast to understand, but after having to deal with it every night I can almost perfectly make out what she's saying.

" What? Who? When did Markus tell you this? "

I stuttered out as Jenny caught her breath. She glanced around behind me before continuing,

" He said that this guy named Benjamin Rowen was with a group of people by the bar just before the performance, apparently he's a really well known producer for some of the most popular movies right now, so I thought that you could introduce yourself to him. Go find Markus and ask him where he went! "

Oh wow.

Benjamin Rowen, I have been a huge fan of his work for years, even before he produced One more time, his most famous movie, it would be a dream even just to talk to him.

" Thank you Jenny, I'll go see Markus, his shift still end at two right? "

After a quick nod of her head she turns and shuffles the opposite direction, most likely to get changed to head home for the night.

Markus is the main bartender on Friday's, and the only one who can make my drinks just how I like them. After a short walk towards the bar, only having to stop three times to talk with people who wanted to compliment the new song, but after juts almost having to make it a forth I see Markus.

" Oh lovie can you make me a drink please? "

I say as I take a seat on one of the vacant bar stools. Markus looks up at me and smirks.

" Of course darling, will it be double or just regular tonight? "

" Regular, lovie, you know I need to watch my figure"

I say with a teasing voice, luring him along. Markus begins to get to work, pouring the ingredients into a shaker, then adding some ice and closing the lid. He then grabs a martini glass that had been put in the freezer just for me, and pours the drink into the frozen glass. After adding an olive he slides the glass over to me, waiting for me to grab it.

" Thanks, lovie, wish I could stay but a little birdie told me that there was someone that I would want to talk to was here, see you tomorrow! "

I shout behind me as I walk away, towards the lounge for the more extravagant guests of the club, where I knew Benjamin would be. The man in a fitted black button down shirt and dress pants gives me one glance before allowing me to continue walking into the room.