Chapter 1

The train stopped at Green Dale. The conductor walked in to tell us to walk out in an orderly fashion when the door was opened by force. People began to scream in fear. A few ran to the back for the sake of safety when suddenly they had to turn around and come back to their seats. There was a moment of pause and soldiers barged right in without warning. They pushed the protesting conductor as they blocked the doors. We had to come forth one by one with our luggage. They examined our belongings then they asked each and every one of us why we were on board the train.Where we were going. I felt this was pointless but there was a guy with seriously itchy trigger fingers. I didn't want any murders to occur on my return trip here. They made us feel like our arrival here was a criminal offense. When they were done with us they allowed those that came here specifically to disembark. They glared us as we stepped into the platform. It was as though we were part of the rebellion that were against these guerilla forces.

I hopped off and looked around to see where she was. Beside me was a man who who heaving a huge suitcase that fell on the officer's foot. He swore badly as he hopped on one leg massaging his aching foot. I quietly walked towards the refreshment stand and got myself a glass of watermelon juice and turned to see Misha running towards me with joy. I hugged Misha tightly then she kissed my forehead like I was a four year old. I turned around to pick up my bag when I saw a soldier behind me pulled out a tablet from his satchel. He turned to Misha in an official manner wanting to know what was my relationship with her. The person next to us blurted that I was her niece. This was the talk of the entire town. This meant that one is one more person who inherits the property and fortune. The officer gave me a look to be sure I resembled Misha as the guy next to us gave him the inside scoop. My mom had moved out and somehow got pregnant. She died so now I am coming home. This wasn't enough convinced the soldier to turn around and talk to someone else that received a passenger. He wanted to make sure I wasn't a nocturnal since he heard rumors that Bilyk women were friends with one. This made those who heard this rumor to burst out laughing. I can tell that he was embarrassed but he kept his composure. I asked him if he knew how to identify one. He gave me an angry look before his superior called him to follow a suspicious person of interest. He gave me an 'We will have this conversation later' look before he left. We didn't want to press our luck so we got in the car and arrived home as quickly as possible.

As I walked into the foyer I saw the reflection of the person I am pretending to be. She had shoulder length blonde hair. Her eyes were steel blue and she looked eighteen. I stared the mirror with sadness as I couldn't stay here as me. Misha pointed out that if I was me then those guys would take me away by force. They are looking for nocturnals to make an army. They are hoping not to get me since they were warned that I was seriously poisonous. But there are others that seem hopeful to find a solution to take care of that problem. They are already working with nightshade to find an antidote. There are rumors that a group of scientists have found a solution. That was enough to floor me.

The elderly in the family were delighted to see me. Some listened to stories about their ancestors with glee. Others stared frozen as they realized their grannies were badasses. They realized the had tough life that was thrusted to them. But still they didn't lose sight of love and care. They made it clear that they don't trade family for anything. They have been my strongest supporters. The children on the other hand had no clue about me. As far they were concerned I was a bedtime story. This had to change if I am going to be here so the first thing I did when they got in was lock the door and windows. When they got seated I flew in the air. They jumped up in fear at first but they calmed down a few moments later. Then I climbed the wall and stayed upside down on the ceiling till they understood that their bedtime story was based off a real person.

That moment of happiness was shattered by the arrival of soldiers. They wanted to know if it was possible to sell the property. But Myroslava made it clear that this place has been in the family for more than a few hundred years they are not going to hand it over. The man gave her a box filled with cash. Mira said that compared to this land those papers are like toilet paper so they can forget about it. He turned to me and asked me to prove who I was. I spent the next hour answering all his questions correctly. He didn't know that the others were whispering the answers to me. Realizing that I am a member of the family, he the changed tactics. He wanted to know if I was going to join the armed forces. I made it clear that I am a conscientious objector. This made him very angry as he was hoping to replenish those he had lost with the newest addition to town. He voiced his opinion so horribly that it made Anya call for security. He apologized as burly men and women walked in asked them very nicely to leave.

One of the rebels asked if the people from security wanted to join the separatist but they made it clear that they have no interest in politics. Another hour of yelling before they left the mansion. One of them picked up their walkie talkie and announced that the northern sector was clear. They should move to the next quadrant. The person on the other end wanted to know if they had managed to recruit me. The man that questioned me made it clear that I am a pacifist. They had better luck elsewhere.

I waited till they reached the other side of the street to climb the clock tower. I used my enhanced senses to see where they were going and what they were doing. One of them made it clear that they should keep an eye on us. They might get an opportunity to acquire the property or get their hands on a nocturnal. To which the reply was simple. Many have dreamed and none have succeeded. I came down and warned the others and they made it clear that it was normal for them. I just need to learn how fit in.

The doorbell rang and another soldier came wanting documents for final confirmation about me and I gave a copy of the documents since I didn't trust him with the real papers. He scanned the QR code on the corner and gave me a nod as he apologized for the inconvenience. He extended his hand and I made clear that I don't shake hands with strangers. That is something my mother had taught me. He gave me weird look before he walked out the door.

I was escorted to my room where the view was still breathtakingly spectacular. I heard a creak and realized that someone entered through the window. I picked up the nearest baseball bat and walked out to find out who it was. The intruder was a teenager not older nineteen. His features were of latin origin. I hit him once when Anya walked out and called her son to show Enrique the door. The boy wanted to see Sonja. He was hoping that she would consent to be his wife. Sonja made it clear that she is already engaged to someone so he can stop harassing her. This didn't faze him at all. Till he saw the wedding ring on her finger. He walked out the door looking dejected.

~Do you think it is a good idea that she stopped at Valentina or is she better off returning to Soren in October? Should she go back to the Citadel?~
Next post in two days. I hope you enjoyed it