Chapter 83

Jungkook had been indifferent all this time, but his expression finally changed slightly. He spoke up with a threatening tone. “taehyung, I transferred eight million dollars to your account, and you returned it with a hundred excuses. You better explain this matter to me. Where did the money come from?”

Mr. John was the person-in-charge of a game distribution company. Although the company was not very popular at the moment, from what he knew, it had quite a bit of potential.

It was clear that taehyung had approached him for business purposes.

“What!” irene was astonished. “CEO Jeon, you actually transferred eight million dollars to taehyung!”

She struggled to believe that Commandar Jeo took such good care of his fat and ugly brother-in-law.

She really wished that she had some connections with the Jeon family.

Jennie's expression was extremely poor.

However, she understood that since jungkook had previously invested more than billion dollars in the Kim home for taehyung, eight million dollars was but a small sum for him.

She was really envious.

Most people struggled to earn eight million dollars in their entire lifetime.

Eunji and hyunwoo were similarly angered.

Jennie was so outstanding yet jungkook refused to take a single look at her. The dumb trash was so ugly and fat, yet he treated him like a precious gem. They were truly stifled with anger!

“irene, don’t be so surprised. CEO Jeon has always been generous. Besides, it’s only right that he takes care of taehyung.” jennie was worried that irene would realise that taehyung was jungkook's actual fiancée.

Hence, she intentionally spoke ambiguously. She then tugged at her sleeves. “When you spoke to the property agent that day, could it be that she had recalled wrongly? There’s no way my third brother would accept money from an old man. Should we call again to reconfirm?”

On the surface, it seemed as though she believed in taehyung. In truth, she was looking for evidence to prove that taehyung had taken another man’s money.

Once they brought out concrete evidence that taehyung was being kept by an old man, even if jungkook did not kill him immediately, he would make it impossible for him to stand up straight again!

In fact, these matters were completely unrelated to irene. Earlier, after irene had left the gym, she had gone home to take a shower. The memory of taehyung's behaviour had caused her teeth to itch with anger, and jennie had accompanied her to chat for several hours. Jennie had then created several misunderstandings about taehyung in front of her.

Jennie had said that she knew taehyung was being kept by an older man. Although she was disgracing the Kim family, jennie had decided to take their sibling relationship into account and not spread the matter. However, after she witnessed the way taehyung bullied irene, she felt very unhappy.

Irene saw that jennie valued her as a friend, and was gratified that she was willing to punish her own brother for her. She was also lured in by the benefits jennie dangled in front of her and under her instigation, she took on the role of revealing the truth about taehyung.

Coincidentally, jungkook came to the Kim home. Thus, the two of them made plans and coordinated their speech to put up this performance.

She originally thought that they possessed concrete evidence for the matter, and it would be a breeze trying to ruin taehyung. However, she never expected things to be much more complicated.