001 :: " where the hell were you "

" where the hell were you "

chapter 1 . ♡

︶︶︶ ♡ ︶︶︶ ♡ ︶︶︶ ♡ ︶︶︶

as you made your way back to the tower where you once were, your thoughts wandered into a strange place, were the drawings and 'rules' you had just seen.. real? This whole thing seemed like something out of a horror movie, you couldn't believe this was your life now, you had to be fearful every single time you saw literally anyone. you hated it. you hated living in a world where you could become this rotting creature within a matter of days, it was scary. The journal you had picked up not long ago was still under your shirt, you didn't want to lose it, this dusty old notebook might be the key to your survival, you couldn't take any risks at this point.

after a while of wandering through the empty streets of hell, you reached the v tower. You knew what waited for you inside, Vox would probably be sitting on a chair in the main lobby, waiting for you to arrive.. You took a deep breath and opened one of the two heavy doors, a cool breeze hitting you in the face right as you stepped in. Surprisingly, the lobby was clean, no one in sight! They must've been upstairs trying to track you, or they didn't care about you leaving.

You shut the door behind you and began making way to the same couch you had been laying on an hour and a half prior to this whole thing, you almost made it!.. Until Vox stepped in and ruined it for you. He had teleported right in front of you, he was angry.. but to be fair, you did leave the tower for close to an hour and a half with absolutely no note or anything, no one knew exactly where you had gone, or if you were even still alive. Vox tightly gripped your shoulders, he stared at you in absolute disbelief, and you stared right back. "where the hell were you? You left without warning for an hour, AN HOUR! And you didn't bother to tell any of us."

He sighed and let go of your shoulders, he was tired and stressed, clearly, but that didn't stop him from continuing to scold you like a child. You just stared at him, barely even acknowledging the words coming out of his mouth. This whole situation felt like nothing but an adventure for you, Vox on the other hand, did not like it at all, he hated the idea of you running away for good. Eventually, he stopped yelling at you, sat down on a nearby couch, and took a deep breath, you kinda felt bad for the dude, clearly, he's been put under a fuck ton of stress lately, and this whole thing wasn't making it any better.

You sighed and inched closer to the man, a nervous expression washed over your face, you didn't know how he'd react, he was just screaming in your face! You sat beside him and looked down at the floor. He looked over at you, specifically, he looked at your lips. You knew he was staring at you, it was obvious as fuck, you looked over at him and smiled. You had completely forgotten about the entire journal you hid under your shirt, you felt it start to poke out.

Vox knew something was up, he just couldn't figure out what... He noticed you had been awfully aware of your stomach when you walked in, but you hadn't been complaining about any stomach issues recently.. so what could possibly be wrong with it? He had to figure this out, it killed him knowing you were purposely hiding something. Quickly, he put a hand on your stomach, he could feel the journal underneath your shirt, and you panicked. "what's that under your shirt, y/n."

You stared at him, he stared right back. He had his hand on your stomach area, you had your hand on his, and you both knew this would end with him having the journal. "It's something I found outside, it's not a big deal." You yanked his hand away from your stomach, away from the journal more importantly. You carefully lifted your shirt and pulled the dusty old notebook from under your shirt, you wiped it and handed it to Vox. "It has everything you need to know about this infection, I don't know who owned it before me, but clearly they didn't make it out alive."

Vox quickly opened the notebook and began reading the set of stages and rules that were written down, you watched him carefully. He stared at the drawings, his finger tracing over them as he attempted to figure out what this whole thing meant for them. Now that he knew how this virus worked, how to avoid it, what to look for, he couldn't do anything but stare at it in complete shock. "You said you found this.. outside?"

You nodded, and you quickly grabbed the journal, laying it flat on an empty area of the couch. Vox shook his head and stood up, he looked over at you and extended his hand out to you. You stared at him for a moment, before taking his hand and standing up. You didn't know what Vox was going to do at this point, he was unreadable, you couldn't tell what was going through his head. He lead you to a nearby elevator, he was going to take you upstairs to tell this new information to his best buds.

You weren't scared of them, but you were scared of what they would do to you if you disagreed with even a small opinion they have. Velvette was practically harmless to you, she's your favorite out of the trio. Vox was.. okay, he was neither here nor there. And Valentino was an entirely different story, he's tried to get you to work for him countless times, but you never agreed, that was what annoyed him so much.

After what felt like an eternity of being stuck in that elevator with Vox, the door opened and both of you were let out. He took your hand and guided you to his office, where you assumed the other 2 vee's were. You took a deep breath and wiggled your hand out of Vox's grasp.

'I am not ready for this'