part- 41

Anhay sat on his seat and the priest was chanting mantras.

Meanwhile, the Sharma's were ready to perform the padla ritual.  The entire family came out holding gifts for the bride. They're holding chocolates, dry fruits, dresses along with accessories, makeup kit , footwear and many kinds of jewellery. They were holding this stuff in a mini train toy.

Anhay laughed seeing the toy train and looked around but Kriva wasn't there.

Anhay:- if she was here she could have started jumping.

Soon the priest asked Mr. Kashyap to call the bride. 
Soon they heard background music change into din shagna da.

He smiled seeing her in the royal chariot.

Anhay:- she is looking like a royal queen

He stood up to welcome her. And she was staring at him only. A little distance later they stopped the chariot and Ruhaan helped her to climb down. Ruhaan held her hands and she walked on the wedding aisle with her brother. Soon Ruhaan gave her hand in Anhay's hands and whispered, now she is your responsibility, take care of my princess.

Anhay:- she is my world and I'm not that brave to break my own world.

Ruhaan smiled and went from there.

Anhay and Kriva sat on their chair and Anhay didn't leave her hand in this wedding process. A priest called kriva's parents for Kanyadaan.

Kanyadaan
Like in most Hindu weddings, a Gujarati wedding too follows a Kanyadaan tradition where the father of the bride gives away his daughter to the groom. He first washes the groom's feet and, with folded hands, asks him to take care of his daughter, entrusting her responsibility to the groom.

Anhay:- Papa relax, she is safe with me.

Priest:- please do hasta milap now.

Hasta Milap
The wedding priest ties the holy knot by joining the groom's shawl and the bride's saree, symbolising the unification of two souls. He also places both hands together and chants holy mantras. All family members and relatives bless the couple by throwing rice grains and rose petals on them.

For Mangal phera the bride took 3 time leads and at last the groom took the lead.

Priest:- this is common for every cast but as per your religion you will take 8 rounds. Four are completed and in the next four rounds the groom will pick the bride in his arms. 

Anhay immediately picked Kriva in bridal style and they started taking vows.

The final three steps in a Gujarati wedding are as follows: First, the groom applies vermillion (sindoor) to the bride's hair mid-parting. This marks the bride's first symbol as a married woman. He then ties the holy Mangalsutra around the bride's neck. Finally, the newly married couple feeds sweets to each other, which is known as the Kansar at the end of the wedding ceremony.