Prologe

High school was rough, especially when Kaleb got a girlfriend, Evelyn.
She was controlling and hard headed, I never liked Evelyn.

It was the last day of our sinor year in high school, which was the breaking point of our relationship. Evelyn was upset that he was spending more with his friends, apparently not spending enough time with her. Even if she gets all of his time and attention anyway.

It was after the last day of school that I asked to play video games, since after the next couple of weeks,we'd would be going off to college and not be able to hang out for a while after that.
We had planned this the week before, and Evelyn knew this and still got upset when he didn't have time for them to hang out at her place.

When an hour passed after the time we had planned to meet up at my house, I had called him. When he finally answered, he sounded annoyed. "Dude, I'm busy,"
I was a bit confused by his response since he made sure to leave today blank and free, so we'd be able to hang out until college started.
"What, did something come up?"

"I'm hanging out with Evelyn," he sighed as if annoyed at my question.

"But we had planned this for a week. Didn't you say that today was an okay day for us to hang out?" I heard a female voice in the back, I knew it was Evelyn, though I couldn't make out what she was saying to him.

"Well, now I can't. So just leave it at that. " I was about to say something, but he had hung up the phone before I could speak.
I knew he had his days where he would not want to talk to me or the guys since he would try to make room for him and Evelyn, but it was all so weird.

After that, he blocked me on everything.
Snapchat, Tiktok, and even on Call of Duty. Had I said something, or did something upset him that much? He normally wouldn't act like that.

That was the last time I saw him, until collage.