The New Kid

It's been one week since school has started at Hogwarts and all four houses are gathered together in the great hall.

(In the main hall with all four houses, everyone is chatting)

Professor McGonagall speeds into the room.

Professor McGonagall -  "Professor Dumbledore, she has arrived"

 She then walks to her seat. Professor Dumbledore gets up from his seat and takes his cup and spoon. "Clang" "clang" "clang" the sound of metal and glass getting everyone's attention.

Professor Dumbledore - "I would like to make an announcement" 

he waits for everyone to get quiet then he continues

 Professor Dumbledore -"today we will be getting a new student. So please welcome Mis Y/N Snape"

everyone's eyes widen by the last name, as they turn their heads to look at the big double doors slowly opening to reveal the new student. Everyone then starts to whisper. 

Random kids from all four houses - "She is so pretty", "wait that's Professor Snapes daughter? She's so beautiful", "she's so pretty. I would love to be friends with her."

*Y/Ns perspective*

As the doors slowly open, I stand there tall, looking around at everyone with their curious eyes. I walk up the aisle between the gap that separates the four houses in half. My eyes stay focused on Professor Dumbledore. As I reach the front I turn my head to McGonagall.

Professor McGonagall - "Please sit on the chair and I will place the sorting hat on your head."

I take a seat and she places the hat on my head. 

The kids in Slytherin all cheer and clap. I look over at my father who is slightly smiling, and I feel a wave of relief come over me. I get up from the chair and walk over to Slytherin table. I take a seat next to a girl with dark brown hair, she turns to me and introduces herself. 

Girl with dark brown hair - "Hello, I'm Pansy Parkinson" 

she holds out her hand for a handshake. 

Y/N - "Hi, I'm y/n." 

I shake her hand. 

Pansy Parkinson - "Let's be friends."

she smiles at me.

 Y/N - "Sure." 

I smile back.

 Pansy Parkinson- "Oh yeah this is Draco."

she says gesturing to the blond kid sitting across from me. He grins at me and holds out his hand. 

Blond Kid - "Draco Malfoy!"

 he says proudly, I shake his hand. 

Y/N - "nice to meet you."

 I smile. Pansy then points to the other kid sitting next to Draco. 

Pansy Parkinson - "And that's Blaise." 

He sorta waves at me but I just smile. 

Pansy Parkinson - "Anyway, now that we are all friends, I think it's alright to tell you that you are extremely beautiful y/n."

She smiles at me. I giggle but thank her. 

About twenty minutes later we are let out to go and roam the halls, so I told Pansy that I would catch up with her and the boys later, and I got up from my spot at the table.