Chapter 1 - The Beginning -

The beginning

Chapter 1

Winter storm

The beginning

Chapter 1 

In the late night, white snowflakes fell from the cloudy, dark sky as the city lights shone like captured stars. He confidently stood in his 7th-floor apartment kitchen, gazing through the window at the beautiful cityscape. With a flick of his wrist, he tapped the ash from his cigarette into his molded, crow-like ashtray that perfectly matched the unique aesthetic of his apartment.

He liked watching the city in action, the bustling noise of the car Amir sat alone in his apartment, watching the city lights shine through his window. He took a deep breath of the city air, mixed with the smell of cigarettes and exhaust fumes. He grabbed an almost-finished cigarette and took a long drag, enjoying the momentary escape the smoke provided.

As he exhaled, he looked around his apartment, noticing the pile of dirty dishes and clothes strewn across the floor. With a sigh, he stood up and began to tidy up. After cleaning a few things, he lit some forest-scented candles and sat down on his couch with a Shakespeare book in hand.

As he read, he felt the words come to life, and he imagined himself in the world of the story. The silence of the apartment brought him comfort, making him forget about the chaos of the outside world.

Suddenly, his phone rang, breaking the silence. It was his boss, confirming a meeting for that night. Amir put down his book, feeling annoyed with no energy to want to go out. He quickly got ready, putting on his normal wear, black and white tuxedo, and applying some Bleu De Chanel cologne. 

As he looked at himself in the mirror, he felt confident and ready to take on back in the office. He took one last look out the window, watching the snowflakes gently fall from the sky. With a sour look on his face, he left his apartment and headed to the meeting, knowing that he was not ready to see his boss again. and hoping he wouldn't meet any old negative faces.

grabbing his car keys and hot espresso coffee with a dip of caramel creamer. Getting into his Cadillac Escalade a black and white seater car he started the engine with a roar. Pulling his window down to feel the fresh air of the snow he started to drive.

Mr. Dellroy made his way toward the big glass apartment, feeling a sense of anticipation as he approached the building. He had been looking forward to this meeting for a long time, eager to finally meet the people he had heard so much about. When he arrived, he was greeted by Mrs. Percy, a young woman with curly, puffy red hair, green eyes, and a few freckles. She was in a business dress and pointy black high heels, which clicked loudly on the marble glass tiles.

Mrs. Percy unexpectedly hugged Mr. Dellroy, but he did not hug her back as he did not like hugs. He politely reminded her of his preference and walked past her towards the elevator. As he waited for the elevator, he took out his handkerchief and clicked the open door button to avoid getting his hands dirty.

When he arrived at the 11th floor, he heard the sound of heels meeting the marble glass tiles, which played in his ears as he walked towards the door with a sense of purpose. He opened the door and walked into the room, feeling the eyes of everyone in the room on him. He noticed the different looks people were giving him, which made him feel small, but he did not let this affect him. He confidently greeted everyone and made his way towards Mrs. Rose, who had a kind smile on her face.

Mr. Dellroy spoke to Mrs. Rose with a sense of assurance, assuring her that he had no secrets and that he simply had a way with words. Mrs. Rose expressed interest in his books, which she described as having a dark story or plot that she couldn't quite put into words. Mr. Dellroy chuckled at her words and thanked her for her interest.