Chapter 86

Yuna thought about this and felt that Jennie was right. In the city centre, many people addressed jungkook as the ‘grim reaper’. Most of the people who offended him completely disappeared overnight. The Na family was much luckier. At the very least, they were still alive.

Seeing that jennie was unwilling to talk about it any further,  Yuna did not insist on it.

The Kim family’s helpers had already prepared breakfast.

“I’m sure you haven’t eaten, right? Why don’t you join us?” jennie invited her.

Yuna took in the dishes of fried dough sticks and fried chicken. Even the rice was deep fried. Her expression was confused. “Why is your family eating something so greasy early in the morning?”

Jennie faltered. She had forgotten to conceal this.

She couldn’t possibly admit that these were the only things that she was allowed to eat for the next three months, could she?

“Oh! Jungkook said that I’m too thin and wants me to eat more. I thought about it and felt that maybe by eating this sort of food would allow me to gain some weight.”

A hint of suspicion flashed past  Yuna’s eyes. “I heard some rumours that you, your second uncle, and your mother are only allowed to eat ten different types of fried dishes during this three months period. Could it be that those rumours are true?”

As per the rumours, if these three people ate any other food, the people who reported them would be rewarded with seven hundred thousand dollars!

Compared to their feelings as classmates or friends, the seven hundred thousand dollars amount was clearly much more attractive.

Jennie naturally would not admit to it. “My relationship with jungkook has always been stable. Don’t listen to the rumours that other people have been making up. Moreover, you are well aware that I’ve always tried my best to stay beautiful. I don’t like that sort of greasy food and I don’t want my weight to go up. But jungkook really wants me to gain some pounds. For the sake of the man I love, I decided to endure it and eat some of the food that will make me gain weight. I don’t know why people are making up strange rumours about this.”

“Umm, ok.”

Jennie saw that  Yuna had fallen for her words and pressed on. “Yuna, I’ve been engaged to jungkook since young. Our feelings are much deeper than most other couples. The Jeon family’s door is too heavy. Not everyone can push it open. I’m very lucky to become his fiancée. It’s unavoidable that I will have to face a lot of people’s jealousy.”

She pursed her lips in a self-mocking manner and allowed helplessness to surface in her eyes. “Even my third brother can’t help but be extremely envious of me.”

“What right does taehyung have to be jealous of you?”  Yuna was used to standing on her side. “With his fat and ugly figure, he’s not even suited to hold jungkook shoes. Don’t worry about this. Your marriage with jungkook was arranged by his deceased grandmother. No one can alter it.”

“En.” jennie nodded slowly as though she was suffering some sort of grievance.

Taehyung came downstairs with a backpack and was about to leave the house when he strangely suffered an angered look from  Yuna. He immediately understood that jennie must have spoken poorly about him behind his back again.

In their previous life, because of jennie's instigation, taehyung had endured a lot of indignity in irene and yuna's hands.

He had already gotten rid of irene. If the yuna girl also dared to provoke him, he would definitely not let her off easily!