The Weight of Love

The story of my regret:
A tragic tale of a beloved friendship, torn apart by betrayal and pain, and the haunting consequences of its destruction.
Through the perspective of a young woman named Evelyn.

أحبك

    The moment I set foot inside that vibrant classroom, with the light spilling through the windows, I caught a glimpse of her. She stood out among the crowds, like a shining star among the constellations. Her dark yet hauntingly empty gaze stared into the distance, as if she was lost in her own thoughts. She drew me in and took my breath away, like the night sky that lured me into a serene daze.  For it was upon seeing her that I felt such a strong and overwhelming sense of deja vu.

      I stared in awe at the beauty before me. Her long and straight black hair fell like a waterfall past her shoulders, cascading over a face that was as pure and flawless as a pristine spring. Her dark eyes had a haunted quality, as if they were hiding years of pain and sorrow. Yet, despite the traces of exhaustion and fatigue, her lips were still as soft and pale pink as a freshly fallen rose petal. Her beauty was like an untouched water from a deep forest spring.

      When I first spoke with her, I realized that she was like me in many ways. We were both broken by the people around us, the reasons may be different but the effects were still the same. Perhaps this shared connection is what drew me to her, because to me, she represented a source of understanding and comfort. Once I set my sights on befriending her, nothing else mattered anymore. The reason I moved to this school no longer had any meaning to me, all that mattered was her.

      The moment I learned that she had a two-year-old daughter, my first thought wasn't confusion about how or why she had a child at such a young age. Instead, I felt an overwhelming sense of jealousy. Someone had her before me, and the fact that he had fathered a child with her made me feel a deep sense of possessiveness. I wanted her for myself, and I couldn't stand the thought of her having been with someone else. Who was he?

      But the jealousy that I felt soon turned into anger when I found out that the man in question was not part of the picture. She refused to tell me more, and bringing him up seemed to bring out a bitter expression on her face. I could tell she was trying to hide her pain, but I couldn't help but notice how hurt she was. It was painful to see her like this, almost as if her empty expression was more comforting than seeing her in this state.

      I hated seeing her frowns, so I refrained from bringing up the topic ever again. I figured it was best to bury the past deep into the recesses of memory, never to be disturbed again. But if she ever finds the trust to confide in me, I would gladly offer my ears and my mind to her, as well as my unwavering support. If she ever feels overwhelmed and unable to cope, I shall venture forth and find him...and remove him from the surface of this world so that the burden weighing on her shoulders can be relieved.

      As I stepped foot in her house for the first time, one of the first things I noticed was the cleanliness. Despite being a young mother herself who was responsible for caring for another child on her own, her place was spotless. It was clearly evident where all her attention and care was allocated, as she devoted it all to ensuring her little girl looked her best. Despite her outward appearance of indifference towards herself, the truth is that she was a deeply emotional and caring woman on the inside...

      Time seemed to pass at lightning speed as I spent time with her and her little girl. I didn't even realize how quickly the hours had flown by until the sun's light hit the window. Her face was illuminated by the warm rays, her eyes reflecting the light and bringing color back into her pale skin.