Base Hawk

"Alright fella, listen up. I'm sending you to extract Subject OPV MRM at Base Hawk. Nick and his crew will be waiting for you there."

I was in a meeting room, with someone at the other end, he called himself Boss and he sent me on a mission to extract OPV MRM.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Meet up with Nick's squad and locate Base Hawk.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

2 hours later, I have arrived at the scene. It was a broken bridge spanning across a river, with a wooden dock and a sentry station with some barricades nearby surrounded by a forest. Nobody was here, however.

"Boss, I've landed on site. I don't see Nick and his team. Only a broken bridge." I whispered into the walkie talkie.

"Search across the bridge for Nick and his team."

"Affirmative, crossing bridge."
While I was crossing the bridge, I heard another voice through the walkie talkie, it was that of a pilot.

"This is F0400-0601 on standby, give us the word and we'll be there."

There's a road connected to the end of the bridge with two small pathways, one leading into a farmhouse on the right and one further down leading into the forest and mountains on the left.

"No signs of Nick and his team. I've arrived at a farmhouse. I'm moving in."

"Be quick. Let's not waste time."

I walk to the door and knock on it... Nothing, no response whatsoever. I bring out my water bottle. "I'm tearing down the door."
Look, I don't have any better equipment for this, gotta improsive. Right as I'm about to take a swing, I heard rustling inside the wheat field next to the house.

I drop the water bottle and grab my Winchester 1873. Aiming at the source of the sound, the cause revealed itself... before getting shot down.

I walk a bit closer to the corpse. "What is this... looks like some form of mutated human... zombies? No, that can't be right... Boss?"

"You have to move quickly. Go, go, go!"

"Okay, okay! Jeez I'm going."

I walk back to the main road and continue my way down there, only to find nothing resembling Base Hawk. Only a barn, campground and more trees. "Boss, there are no signs of Base Hawk."

"Check the West mountains. It was last seen around there."

"Wait... you've been here??" I asked Boss, but he dodged the question. "Watch your back! I'm picking up more incoming enemies."

I just finished loading a bullet into my marksman rifle when I saw more of those humanoid monsters, zombies, whatever you call them, all heading towards me, I took aim and started shooting them down, but there were too many as my ammunition quickly started depleting, forcing me to start shooting with my backup gun, a HK USP.

"I need backup - NOW! Send in the airstrike!" I yelled into the walkie talkie.
It was going to take a minute or two before they arrive, I just had to hold off untill then.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"Die, die die die~" I swung my water bottle at the nearby zombie, it's been a while since I called in the airstrike and I tried defending myself since then, my guns were almost out of ammunition so I resorted to using traditional blunt force trauma.

Then, I heard the pilot talking through the radio. "T-minus 30 seconds till drop. Get back across the bridge now!"

I start running towards the bridge, there were a few zombies from the bridge approaching me that I ran past.