1.5

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"ᴵ ʷⁱˡˡ ᶜᵘᵗ ᵒᶠᶠ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵇᵃˡˡˢ ʷⁱᵗʰ ⁿᵃⁱˡ ᶜˡⁱᵖᵖᵉʳˢ."

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"Rory?" Gabby asked, knocking on the door of the other girl's bedroom. It was the evening, after dinner Rory had disappeared in her room, silent and obviously nervous. Gabby didn't want to lie to the girl and now the truth was clawing at her lips, fighting to escape. Rory opened the door in her pajamas, the view of a fully packed bag and her uniform set out behind her. 

"Yeah?" 

Gabby hesitated, looking at Rory's blue eyes, searching for any sign that she shouldn't let the words rush out from behind her lips. 

"Are you okay?" Rory asked, concerned. 

"Yes. Yeah, I'm fine. I just wanted to tell you." Gabby breathed, smiling half-heartedly at her hectic thoughts, "Tell you that Chilton is really hard and the teachers are strict and the expectations are unreasonable and the grade average is unfair and the sports are really competitive for no reason and the social side of it is torture, and complicated and you won't know where you stand for a few weeks and everyone knows each other and no one will know you. And this is really unfair for me to tell you the night before you start a brand new school, but I thought you should know." She breathed, brushing her hair back over her shoulder. 

"Um. Thank you, I think." 

"And that no one calls me Gilmore at school. I'm Gabriella Lopez at school." She explained and then analyzed Rory's shocked face. The words had left her like a waterfall, falling as she failed to grasp hold of them. There was no way she could try and shove them into an order now. "I don't know why, I wanted be a Gilmore." She hurriedly explained, feeling the need to reassure the girl, "It just happened and now it's too late to stop it, you know? Just don't be surprised if we have a class together and I get called Lopez instead of Gilmore." She told her, silencing herself by biting harshly on her lip, tasting her cherry lip-gloss. 

"Ok." Rory nodded. 

"Right. Okay. Night." She awkwardly bid goodnight, turning to go, hesitating to see if Rory would say anything, but the only sound was the shutting of the door. 

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

The morning was peaceful for Gabby as she sat on the porch steps, flicking through an art magazine, clutching a mug of green tea. She was ready for school, had been for half an hour and part of her was confused as to why Rory hadn't been too, considering it was her first day of her new school. Hearing hurried footsteps inside and Lorelai's muffled voice, Gabby stood, tucking the magazine into the pocket of her blazer. Leah would be interested in it. The mug was half empty, she had never really liked green tea but her mom said it was good for her brain so she tried to force herself to drink it when she remembered to.