PROLOGUE

Runcandle

A name that strikes fear into the hearts of the enemies, a clan of swordsman that rules over the half of the world with overwhelming prowess

Conquer, Combat and Domination.

These three things express everything about this clan. A clan that made by strongest, made for strongest and ruled by strongest.

Jin Runcandle

A name that has been deemed unimportant and despised with in the clan. He was the only one of the 13 siblings who didn’t have any talent for sword at all. Every single runcandle was able become 1-star knight before age 13, 3-star before 16 and 5-star before 20 but Jin is the only exception in the past thousand years. At his 25th age he was exiled from the clan and wondered around in the process he also lost his only companion, his nanny Gilly. Then he was very easily scammed as he is very gullible and naïve, then one day he met a red-headed women named ‘Valeria Hister’, a mage and learned of his talent for magic, which is forbidden in the Runcandle family. He decided to valeria’s student

Akin Kingdom

After three years, jin who reached 5 stars in magic trying to make a contract with a god, when suddenly everything around him got darkened and he come face to face with “Solderet” God of Shadows, and Swords (which isn’t known to many), who offered him a contract. Then he found out something about himself that he didn’t know until then.

[It seems someone hated you from your birth, dear contractor] said Solderet.

“Huh? What do you mean,” said Jin.

[You have been cursed by a 9-star curse ‘bladed illusion’ that will make you unable to wield sword, which shouldn’t exist in your clan, but it is something trivial for me. From now on no curse will work on you. So, forge your path as magic swordsman dear contractor, I will eagerly watch over you] said solderet.

Shadow energy

All mages covet the contract with solderet because of this power which grants the user the ability manipulate shadows and enhance their magic or aura and it also gives the contractor complete curse immunity.

“But now that power is mine and I can use my sword too and with each swing I become stronger, along with my magic as well I shall become strongest magic swordsman in the world.” Jin promised to himself that night.

That very night akin kingdom was attacked by a group of mysterious 9-star knights, fortunately Jin survived it, but he was heavily injured as he was fleeing from there and he received help from Misha, a black dragon, who works for solderet and took him to her hideout and healed him. There, he learning from her on how to use shadow energy efficiently and learned that it is best used with swords than magic but that doesn’t mean it’s totally useless, but it depends on the efficiency of the user.