𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

𝐓𝐖 𝐒𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐆𝐔𝐍 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄? ⚠︎︎

Chapter 1-
  The sounds of 6th and 5th graders can be heard from Mr. Mann's class at 11:45pm in the echoing hallways.

Two girls sauntered out of their class to pick up their friend for lunch monitoring in a 1st grade classroom, followed by three boys going the same direction to monitor another younger grade not so far from each other.

As Ashlyn (a twelve year old from India with black hair) and Sofie (a twelve year old who was mixed with pale skin and brown hair) walked over to their friend Sam's classroom, they whiffed up the smell of the neighbouring classroom. Sam waved and smiled at the sight of her friends waiting. She reached out behind her from her chair to her bag hanging from behind it. She lifted up a lunchbox from her agape backpack and hurried along to the left side of Ashlyn, Sofie on Sam's right.

"Hah, you should have talked to best boy Kai!" Sam remarked as she looked toward Sofie. Kai was an Indian kid with a black turban on. The same one he wore everyday. He was quite kind, especially compared to all of the other boys in their grade. Sofie rested one of her palms behind her neck as the three trailer behind the three boys mentioned earlier.
With a sigh, Sofie replied with a soft grin.
"Best boy Kai indeed." She looked at Sam.

"He was right there, and you missed your chance!" Sam crossed her arms, faking a pouty face while making a hmph noise.

Ashlyn looked over intrigued.
"What? Is Sofie like obsessed with Kai now or some shit?" Aasha teased.

"No I'm not! I never said that." Sofie grunted. When they arrived at the classroom, the kids were watching magic school bus. Peacefully. It only felt like ten minutes when all of a sudden everyone turned their heads to focus their eyes on the speaker that was projecting the bell. The kids burst outside into the misty rain. Ashlyn held the door open and took in a whiff of the muddy air. Ashlyn gaged before closing the door and snatching her plastic bag filled with Oreos off her blue stool.

"Come on. Let's go." Ashlyn speed walked towards the door and whipped her head around before tilting it side to side as a gesture for us to hurry up. The two girls took a glance at each other before trailing behind her. The hallway was crowded with lunch monitors filing their way back to their classrooms so that they could put away their lunches.

  The EA in Ashlyn and Sofie's classroom was kind enough to let some of the students stay in and relax, so that they wouldn't get soaked in rain. An erupt announcement came from the speakers.

"Lockdown. I repeat. Lockdown.
This is not a drill."

The sound of the microphone being put down made a soft thump through the speaker. Those words were like a dagger through the chest for the six lunch monitors that were in the classroom. There was banging and thumping on the window. It was their classmates. Danni, Ashlyn and Sofie ran over to the windows unlocking them and pulling them so that they were left agape. A good chunk of their classmates jumped in through the window, and the other chunk from the door. The three slammed the windows shut and locked them while a kid coming from the door whose name was Jane closed the door the and locked it while Annora turned off the lights. Everyone huddled up in the cloak rooms.

"Why didn't you just go through the doorway? Wouldn't it be ea-" Sofie was whispering to Eren beside her when Ashlyn cut her off.

"Shut up. Right now is not the time." Ashlyn whipped her head around when someone knocked on the door.

"Pull the boards down guys." Mrs. S the EA whispered from behind a nearby desk ready to take action as everyone followed her instructions. Mr. Mann was in the staff room still, so Mrs. S was in charge. Since there were two cloak rooms, they were both separated by a thin wall. Ashlyn and Sofie were beside each other, and once Sofie heard the knock on the door warm drops of tears came down from her eyes. Ashlyn wrapped her arms around her as Sofie covered her mouth. Another knock was heard, and soon after there was no more. Everyone let out a sigh of relief without moving from their positions.
"Holy shit..." Lae, a short fifth grader murmured. Nathan, another fifth grader was beside him, looking around in the dark squishy clock rooms.

"Yo, are you guys okay?" He said looking around at everyone in the same cloak room as him. The people in the left cloak room in this order were Ashlyn, Sofie, Eren, Nathan, Lae, Abby, Talli and finally Sarah.

"No." Ashlyn and Sofie answered in unison.

"Well if you don't count the part where we were in a lockdown, then yes." Eren stated.

"Nah bro I'm fine."Lae said elbowing Nathan playfully.

"Well what do you think?!" Abby whispered yelled when Talli shushed her.

Sarah just sat there. Nodding slowly.

"When should we like uh— get out?" Talli murmured. Her voice was quivering.

"Not sure." Sofie replied, her voice still shaking. "But at least we aren't dead...?"

"Mhm. Tell me about it." Ashlyn tried to stand up more after her legs started cramping from sitting on the floor, but bonked her head with a thump!

"You good?" Sofie grabbed onto Ashlyn's hand pulling her down.
The eight students stayed there for a while until they thought it was safe to move from their positions.

"Ok, I think it's safe to move now." Ashlyn mumbled. The kids shuffled out of the cramped cloak room, helping one another get up.

"Shall we get the others?" Sofie suggested to Ms. S. She nodded Sofie pulled up the green dusty chalk bored that was covering the kids in the other cloak room.
"Damn, are you guys okay? There's like 19 of you in here..." She dared to raise a brow.

"No! You know how squishy and uncomfortable it is sitting with those people?" Lane scoffed. "At least I got my G Danni though." He grinned as Danni, who was a 5'6 sixth grader rested his arm on Lane's head.

𝒮ℴ 𝒽ℴ𝓌 𝓌ℯ 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇? ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓉ℴℴ𝓀 𝒶 𝓁ℴ𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒾𝓂ℯ 𝓉ℴ 𝓉𝓎𝓅𝓌 ℴ𝓊𝓉 𝓁ℴ𝓁
¹⁰⁷⁶ ʷᵒʳᵈˢ