01|| Unexpected Surprises

When a single teenager that barely has his life together is expected to look after his little girl what do you do?

Do you give her up to someone else to take care of her and give her the life she deserves or do you grow a pair and become someone that your daughter can look to and say 'Yes, that's my dad.' with a proud look on her face.

Zion Miller chose the second option.

Zion's Thoughts:
Her mother already left her what kind of father would I be if I abandoned her too?

It had been two years since Georgia left. At first it was hard on Zion. He was living with his parents, who happened to be very opinionated. His father wanted him to go to college and become a lawyer like him but after a few months Corbin stop mentioning it. His mother wanted to be Josephine's paternal guardian since in her mind her son was too young and naive to care for her granddaughter.  They had pulled the same trick with him when Georgia was still here with them which resulted in her leaving taking Virginia, his first born with her.

Zions' Thoughts:
If I don't do something I'm going to lose my little girl.

So he did something he never thought he'd do nor say.

"No." Zion said looking his mother in the eyes.

"No. What do you mean 'NO'!" His mother said flabbergasted.

"Exactly what I said. Josephine is my daughter and I am not going to just let you take her away from me." Zion said.

Lynette stared at him in disbelief but also saw that he wasn't going to back down from this. She looked at husband for some assistance but he just avoided eye contact with her.

Corbins' Thoughts:
If I don't see a problem then there is no problem.

She looked back at their son, "Zion, you are 18 years old. You have a daughter that is a human being and not some life size doll!" Lynette yelled.

"I know, which is why I'm moving out and taking her with me. I know you still think of me as this little boy that can't tell his right from his left but I'm an adult with a more than healthy baby girl. Now I already have a one bedroom apartment for me and Josie. Mom I love you but I'm doing this rather you like it or not." Zion said.

He walked away from her and felt very proud of himself and eventually Lynette gave in.

Now, Zion and Josephine are happily living in their little apartment.

Over the two years they have spent together they were in pure bliss.

Josephine is now two years old and walking. She's now at twenty four pounds and six ounces.