Meet Kittu!

The remote is lost! I am sure Kittu did it again. This was the 3rd remote in just 2 months, it's unacceptable".
Mummy shouts at Bhaiya.

"Here! I found pieces of the remote under the bed, now what excuse do you have now? Kittu's lawyer".
Papa says.

I hid under the Sofa.

"Nothing, I accept it, Kittu chewed the remote, you can give any punishment, I am okay with it".

"No food for Kittu tonight".

What does it mean? and why aren't they giving me food? I feel hungry.

Hello! My name is Kittu. I know 3 tricks: sit, jump, and handshake. Bhaiya says that I am a very intelligent dog. I live in a house with Bhaiya, Mummy and Papa. Mummy and Papa often shout at me for chewing objects but they love me a lot.

I am 3 years old, I don't know what that means, I heard once from Papa "He's 3 years old already, I thought he wouldn't survive more than a year".

The same night,

"Kittu," Bhaiya stroked my head "I am going to college far away from here, I won't be here to save you, you're a grown-up boy now, be a good boy".

Bhaiya is very sad, I feel it. I kept my head in his lap and looked at him, he held me tightly in his arms and started crying. I felt sad too because bhaiya was sad so I started licking his hands. Bhaiya gave me treats too.

The Next morning,

Why is everyone in a hurry? So many bags. "I hope you'll do well in College too", what's a college? Is Bhaiya going away?

"Let's go, we're getting late!" Papa shouted.

After keeping all the luggage in the car, bhaiya sat in, Wait for me! I jumped in the car.

"How many times will I tell you! Do not enter my car!" Papa slapped me, and Bhaiya looked on the other side. He always does this whenever I get a slap.

I sat down near the door looking at the car going far and far until I couldn't see it. I waited, sitting at the door, "they will return soon" I told myself.

It was dark outside when the car came home, I jumped, Papa and Bhaiya came home! My tail went out of control. Papa came out and went in the house, I went in with him until I realized that Bhaiya was still in the car. I looked at the car but no one came out, "Where is Bhaiya? I want to be with him". I looked everywhere but I couldn't find him.

"He is settled well in the college hostel, the place is good. Now we have one more thing to settle". Papa looked at me.

He wanted to play with me, so I ran and bought my toy to play fetch.

"Oh come on, He went to the hostel today, what will we do if he asks about Kittu? Let him settle there for a few days, he will forget him". Mummy spoke.

Days passed, and I spent my days looking at the door, waiting for Bhaiya but he never came. Mummy and Papa don't play with me nowadays. Sometimes Mummy forgets to feed me, but it's okay.

One evening,

"Kittu, Babu come here," Papa says "Look I bought your favorite treats for you". I am on cloud nine, Papa loves me, and my tail wagging uncontrollably. Mummy smiled at me from a distance. I ate all the treats in no time.

"Let's go for a walk" Papa put a collar around my neck, and Mummy kissed my forehead which made me very happy. We walked out, I thought we would walk across the street like Bhaiya used to do but Papa opened the car.

I looked at Papa in confusion, "Yes, we will go on a car ride today" Papa smiled. I jumped in the car, Mummy waved at me from the door. Papa sat in and the car started, I looked outside from the window, everything was going behind me so fast, bhaiya had never taken me this far, the neighborhood soon faded away and we were far from home. New houses, new people, new dogs, new trees everywhere.

Papa stopped the car, got off, and opened the door for me, it was getting dark out but why should I worry when Papa was with me, the place was silent, with many trees on both sides of the road, and no poles for me to pee so I peed on the tree, why is no one around here? it's just me and Papa, When I walked with Bhaiya there were always people around. I and Papa walked near the trees for a while, Papa removed my collar.

I ran to the car and then again to Papa, I jumped, I ran, and I was really happy. Papa wanted to race with me, He ran towards the car, and I too ran, Papa stopped at the car, I won!

Papa opened the door and sat in, I ran towards him. Maybe he wanted to race in the car, the car was fast but I ran as fast as I could. The car was fast but after some time I couldn't keep up with Papa. I sat down, "Papa will return", and I saw the car becoming smaller and smaller until it was no longer visible.

I was all alone, it was dark everywhere, and the rustling leaves felt scary. Maybe Papa thinks that I was in the car that's why he didn't stop. I feel tired, hungry, and scared, my tail is hid between my legs.

My heartbeat rose, I couldn't smell any familiar scent. Home is far away. "Papa, Mummy, where are you? I am scared, please take me home, I will not chew anything from now on".

I remember, when I was young, I learned to climb the stairs and reach the terrace, I didn't know how to come down so I started howling. Mummy, Papa, and Bhaiya came running to save me. Wait! if I howl then everyone will come to save me.

I howled but no one came, the road was rough, my paw hurt, and I wanted to sleep on the bed. Bhaiya used to put me to sleep next to him on the bed. I want to sleep on the bed again.

I saw a light coming at me very fast, Papa came back! my tail wagged, and the car didn't stop. I felt very sad, I want to go home. Mummy, I am hungry. Mummy used to shout at Bhaiya every time he forgot to give me food.

A lot of time passed, but Papa didn't return. I sat under a tree, my whole body shivered, and my heartbeat rose, everywhere I looked there were only trees around, and cars were running so fast that they couldn't see me. I lay down.

I heard a noise, Oh! It's a squirrel! It was on the other side of the road. I got up and ran towards it. As I reached the middle of the road I heard a loud horn and saw light flashing straight into my eyes. Before I could save myself the car hit me, I lay on the road, helpless, I saw blood all around me, and I couldn't move my body. This car also didn't stop. The good part is that I no longer feel hungry or scared, the blood pool around me is warm so I don't feel cold. What are those things shining far away in the sky? There are so many, are those cars far away? I slowly closed my eyes.

I am in a big field, under a huge shady tree. Where am I? I saw bhaiya running towards me and behind him, mummy and Papa too! Have I returned home? I don't care, where there is my family, there lies my home.