𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏𝟕

On Bourbon Street, Klaus has just finished feeding on the couple in the alley when Dahlia joins him.

"You must be hungry, considering what you've endured." 

" I've never been daggered. Never knew it was such an agonizing experience. It does help explain why my siblings loathe me." realizes Klaus 

"I thought when you fed on me you felt good? Is there a need to feed again?" Akane rolls her eyes at him

"I feel more blood lust after drinking from you," Klaus looks at her and says with a smirk, "If any consolation love, your blood tastes better than any blood I have ever had."

Dahlia was listening to their conversation, she grinned at the revelation that Akane had willingly given her blood to him. Things just got more interesting. 

"You'll need your strength for what's to come. I suggest you replenish yourself before the storm."  Dahlia says while 

She smirks before gesturing to the space next to her. She revealed that she had used Kenning to lure another dozen humans to allow him to feed on them. Klaus, with blood smeared around his mouth, grins in satisfaction.

Human after human lays dead on the ground in front of Klaus' feet as the torrential rain soaks them all. Akane was no stranger to violence and cruelty, she had been on both the receiving and giving end of it. Akane knew what Klaus was doing was not right, but she also understood why he was doing so, it was extremely complicated. 

Akane wouldn't deny that seeing Klaus kill those people was wrong, but right now she was in no position to decide whether something was morally incorrect or not. But seeing Klaus, feeding without any remorse, embracing his true self, unlike when he fed from her; made her feel a little hot.

Dahlia, who is standing at Klaus' side, looks down at his victims with a smile.

"Have you had your fill?" Dahlia asks "Indeed. I'm beginning to feel like my old self again." Klaus smirks while answering 

Thunder crashes above him, and he looks up at the sky, allowing the rain to wash the blood off his face.

Rain always provided Akane solace, it always felt like the rain was washing away all her sins, all the blood she had shed in the name of survival and vengeance. But this time she was not so sure, whether she would be able to escape her dark side or will it consume her completely.

 But this time she was not so sure, whether she would be able to escape her dark side or will it consume her completely

Akane didn't like what Klaus was doing to Marcel and other vampires, especially torturing Marcel. He was the man who had raised her, her Uncle Marcel, Taeyang wouldn't approve of this- that was the moment Akane remembered Taeyang he went to handle something but he didn't come back, not yet he didn't text or call her yet.

Akane was in another room, but she could feel both, Klaus' anger and Marcel's pain. Dahlia walked into the room she was in. Akane pretended that she didn't exist.

"It's a shame, you hold so much power yet you are so weak," she holds Akane's chin to make her look at her, "your humanity is your weakness"

Akane swatted Dahlia's hand from her face and stated, "It's not like I am a vampire, I can't turn it off- If i could have then New Orleans would have been raining blood"

"Ahh- I see, you are not even aware of your powers" Dahlia mocked her, Akane glared at her.

"It's hard to know about your own abilities when you are only one of a kind" Akane replied to her

"You are weak because you let your humanity control your ability- not the other way around," Dahlia says to Akane, who which Akane throws Dahlia to the nearest wall and clenches her heart with her powers while making her ears bleed.

"You have no idea what I can become, I am broken beyond repair and I am well aware of that- but you know what makes me feel at peace? Hope, she is what makes me feel at peace, makes me feel that I am not a monster, so God help you if try to do something to that child, I will gladly show you the extent of my powers" Akane leaves the room with Dahlia kneeling on the floor, her powers don't work on Akane, not anymore, a sinister smile makes way to her face, the girl was succumbing to her dark side, just the way she wanted her to be according to her plan.