29. Will Kartik Save Naira?

Goenka Office

Kartik stands in the conference room, delivering his presentation to the attentive clients, an inexplicable sense of foreboding begins to gnaw at him. It starts as a subtle unease, a nagging feeling at the back of his mind, but soon it erupts into a full-blown storm of emotions.His heart pounds against his ribcage, each beat echoing the agonizing scream "Naira...." from his dream.

Beads of sweat form on his forehead despite the cool blast of the air conditioning. The fear of losing Naira, claws its way into his consciousness, threatening to consume him whole. Struggling to maintain his composure, Kartik somehow manages to stumble through the remainder of his presentation, his mind clouded by a relentless sense of impending doom.

Finally, the presentation comes to an end, he bolts from the room, his chest heaving with exertion as his heart races in frantic cadence. With each step, the panic that grips him tightens its grip, threatening to suffocate him. The sound of his own heartbeat fills his ears, drowning out all other noise.

Just as he reaches his cabin, his mobile phone pierces the air with its insistent ringtone. With trembling hands, Kartik answers the call, his pulse quickening with each passing second. And then, the  familiar voice on the other end sends a chill down his spine, an evil laughter that echoes in the depths of his soul. Kartik's blood runs cold as the voice speaks his name, its words dripping with malice and contempt.

Voice : Kartik Goenka , despite all your efforts, your wife is with me. Now, get ready to collect her dead body

The blood drains from Kartik's face as the full weight of the threat hits him. His worst nightmare has become a horrifying reality.

Kartik: Ak

Kartik: Ak..Akshat....please dont do anything to Naira...please leave her

Akshat: Yeh darr witness dene se pehle hona chahiye tha...I had to kill that Sadhana as she was to reveal my truth and ruin my life and now your wife wants to send me to jail, how can I leave her? But the fun part is that your sister is with me too, so your wife will not die alone she has company..so prepare for two funerals.

Akshat lets out a devilish laughter as he disconnects the call. With the call disconnecting Kartik's world crumbles around him, Naira and Keerthi, two of his beloveds' fates were hanging in a thread now. Fear and helplessness consumes him, but soon he gathers the shattered fragments of his courage and determination.

Kartik to himself: Ill not let anything happen to them, not 2 but 5 lives are at stake and Ill save them at any cost

With every fiber of him filled with determination Kartik rushes home

*******

Goenka House

As Kartik storms into the house, his mind racing with frantic worry and determination, he is met with a scene of palpable panic.