Book 1

As angel of silence, Muta had always taken comfort in the dark corners of the pantheon. Being by herself seemed more fun than being involved in the yearly festivities of the competition of gods. But for some reason this year she actually wanted to watch. There was something. She just didn't know what it was.
The horns blare and she looks up from her wooden corner and sees the chariot of the Greeks arrive. Zeus in front alongside his wife Hera. Poseidon and Hades following. The rest of the gods following in a big group. Next come the Romans. You would think as a roman Muta would be a little more fanatic but to her they are all the same. Whether they are greek or roman, Egyptian or Norse. They're all full of themselves. Jupiter and his wife Juno side by side followed by the other 10 main gods. Next it was the Egyptians. Amun-Ra and his wife Amunet followed by Nut,Osiris,Isis and Anubis. A group of major gods behind them. She never realized how discriminative this competition is. No goddesses No minor gods. No Titan gods and Goddesses. No nymphs. No other minor deities. It's all just wrong and unequal.

The crack of thunder scares Muta . Leave it to the Norse to come in with a bang. Odin alongside his wife Freya and their children Thor , Baldr , Vioarr and Váli emerge from the smoke. With the other gods behind them.

"God of thunder. I bet he can't even make it rain" says a slurred voice behind Muta. She turns around and sees a goddess about her size. She is wearing the traditional female Egyptian headdress. Her eyes lined with the darkest black. Gold from head to toe. Of course Egyptians love their gold. The goddess notices Muta staring.

"What are you looking at goddess of black" she says laughing almost falling over. Muta not amused turns around and tries to focus on the games. "Hey hey!" Muta ignores her and just keeps looking straight. A big thud is heard and Muta turns around seeing the goddess fallen over the bleacher. An urge inside of her makes her get up and help her up. She sits her down and holds her up with one arm. She looks around and a lot of other gods and goddesses are laughing and looking with disgust. "Thank you Thank you" she whispers. "Goddess of beer what can you do?" She smirks and reaches down pulling out a gold cup with jewels and strange symbols. They sit in silence as they announce the first round of competitors she sips and sips and it seems she never runs out.

"Bye...The...Way...Im Tenenet Egyptian Goddess of Beer and Fertility and who are you?" she says in between gulps and with a little more control of her words.

"Muta.....Roman Goddess of Silence" she responds looking away. Waiting for the comments But Tenenet doesn't say anything just nods her head and smiles.

The mute one turns to look at her new acquaintance. She has this look on her face like she was watching the most beautiful thing in the world. Muta looks in the same direction but just sees a bunch of gods trying to prove that they are the most powerful.

"What are you looking at?" Muta asks softly hoping not to scare away this new friend that for some reason comforts her.

"Oh..um..nothing" The goddess of beer responds. Muta notices that she got a little uneasy and like she had been caught doing something she wasn't suppose too.

"I'm sorry..I"

"Don't sweat it. You were curious but really I was not looking at anything. Nothing. At all. "

Muta got a faint smile on her face. The first time in a very long time. She felt she finally met a friend. Someone she could actually enjoy being around.

"Yea!! wooh!!" Tenenet screams as she stands up waving her fist in the air. Muta is not embarrassed even though many were staring. Tenenet isn't your normal goddess.She doesn't care about appearances, the silent goddess said to herself.

"Hey!Can you be quiet some of us are trying to enjoy the games?!" screamed a tall goddess. She had blonde hair and glowing blue eyes. Wearing a light pink gown that looked greek. Tenenet and the blonde goddess began to argue.before she knew it all three goddesses were outside the stadium.

"Thanks for that!"screamed the goddess

"It's not my fault you decided to insult me!"argues Tenenet.

"After you called me.."their voices faded away and Muta sat down on the concrete walls of the fountain.Tenenet walked towards and stopped staring at her with wide eyes.She began to mouth words. Muta was never a good lip reader until she realized she had taken  away their voice.She forgot she had that power. She quickly gave them both back their voices and apologized.she began to walk away, when the unknown goddess caught up to her.

"Hey I'm Asteris. And you are?" She said as she extended her hand.