Chapter 1: Two friends, an old man and a boatUntitled part

In an alley of reality-9735 stood two men, One in his early twenties and the other approaching his thirties. Both stood there reading a piece of paper that was small and crumpled; the paper read as followed:

Objective: Retrieve crucial intel from a highly secured server room within a clandestine research facility.

Location: Nondescript Facility, Offshore.

Intel: Classified research data pertaining to interdimensional anomalies and potential threats to the multiverse.

Mission Overview:

- Infiltrate the facility undetected.

- Navigate through security systems and patrols.

- Access the heavily guarded server room.

- Download the classified data onto secure devices.

- Exfiltrate the facility without triggering alarms.

Extraction Point: A predetermined location near the facility.

Time Frame: Commence the mission at 2300 hours. Ensure extraction by 0300 hours.

Success Criteria: Retrieve the classified data without detection and exfiltrate safely.

Caution: The information within the server room is of utmost importance. Failure to retrieve it undetected could have dire consequences for the multiverse.

Notes: Exercise extreme discretion. The MOC is counting on your expertise to ensure the success of Operation Data Harvest. Good luck, agents.

The younger man read it quickly and groaned in pure annoyance. He then spoke to the other guy in an Australian accent, "You've gotta be kidding me, another extraction. Don't they remember the last one?"

The older guy turned to his colleague to respond calmly, "Look, A2C, I know it's not the best, but MOC always looks out for their agents."

The younger man, code-named A2C, looked at his friend and retorted, "If they truly cared about our interests, they'd send cadets instead of us. Did you think about that, P1C?"

The older man, who earned the code name P1C, gave a sharp look at A2C. "Look, I don't have time for this argument. There is a boat at the pier waiting for us. So let's stop this silly nonsense and get the mission done with."

P1C took the crumpled paper, folded it, and stuck it in his pocket for safekeeping. He began to walk towards the pier. A2C groaned and followed like a child who got told no to the toy they wanted.

But as they walked through the new reality, A2C asked, "So what's different about this reality than, I dunno, reality-1629?" P1C heard this question and wondered if A2C was being sarcastic or genuinely a dumb fuck.

Against his better judgment, he responded, "In this reality, Wi-Fi came before TV, and there was no Covid." A2C looked shocked.

"Covid hit hard in 1629." P1C laughed and spoke once more, "It's because they were dumb fucks." P1C turned a corner, noticed the pier up ahead.

"Well, A2C, I think we are close to where we need to be." A2C turned the corner to see an old boat posted up on the dock. He and his colleague laughed for a second and then walked up to the boat. P1C carefully walked on the pier and knocked on the boat door, which made the boat seem like it would sink. But A2C wasn't as careful as P1C. He didn't care if the pier broke under their weight. Either way, he was going to get this god-awful mission done and over with.

P1C, confused at his colleague, asked "What are you doing, are you trying to swim to the isl-"

Before P1C could finish, an old sailor opened the door and spoke to them in an old crazy man voice "Gentlemen, are you here for the trip to the factory?"

A2C nodded and asked, "Do you mind if we come abroad"

The old kook laughed and said, "You want to swim there?" He then gestured to enter the ship. P1C shrugged and walked in, while it took A2C a second to realize what was going on he eventually caught on and followed his colleague onto the boat.