✦ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭.

Today should be the day you spend your time eating flowers- but no, you were dragged by mash going into the Snack shop

He wanted to eat cream puff and try to make you come along as well, which you were fine with but you wanted to eat flowers instead...

As you two finally arrived at the snack shop Mash held out his coin but they were bent. You look at Mash," Mash your coins are bent they won't accept it, here take mine-" Before you could pull out your pouch, Mash crumbled them in his hand to make them straight again.

The shop owner screams at what he has witnessed with his own eyes.

Anyway, Mash got what he ordered before his hood got blown by the wind. Your eyes widened as people here captured those without marks.

Mash was confused about what everyone was riling up about as he ate his cream puff in enjoyment.

"Mash we have to go-" Before you continue a rather pudgy-looking policeman comes by and bumps into Mash making his cream puff stain on his shirt.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Mash apologize. The overweight guy turned around looking furious then he started yelling at Mash," HEY HEY HEY! Can't ya see an officer is working here? I'm a proud member of the magic police, here to protect ordinary folks like you, don't ya know?!" He keeps continuing on more.

"And do I get any thanks? No! My only reward is lousy bottom-barrel pay! Maybe I ought to take all my stress out on you, huh kid!?"

"Sir it was just a small accident beside the stain that can be cleaned off. Anyway, you don't have to make such a big scene in front of everyone." As you stood in front of Mash defending him.

The office grew more angry as he clutched his fist tightly ready to blow off on you too.

Suddenly Mash said the most random thing," Would you like a cream puff? You seem like you could use it." He said while his mouth was filled with cream-puff you deadpanned at Mash.

The officer grew more irritated by Mash's words than yours he continued yelling at mash-suddenly Mash ripped out the officer's shirt," I'm sorry about your clothes I'll wash them and return them to you." you held out your laugh trying hard not giggle.

Suddenly another police officer came," A kid's got you squealing like that?" It was a tall man with blond hair.

Immediately you were picked up by your waist and so was Mash suddenly dashing away from the two police officers.

An older man exclaimed," PLEASE EXCUSE MY SON!"

--------

"HOW many times have I told you not to go out in the city on your own?!? And you even bring Y/n with you too, don't you understand how her father worries over her?"

Mash's father yelled at him while you were outside with your father as he was asking if you were okay. He was insanely worried you got caught.

"Y/n dear, are you hurt? They didn't catch the fake mark, right sweetie? My Baby, I'm so worried about you please don't ever scare your papa like that again you're my only daughter that I have." He cried

"Papa, you don't have to be so worried about me, I can handle myself fine." You reassure him," Yes I know but sometimes your old man is still worried okay? You were such a small child now you have grown to be so big and beautiful but you're still my baby when I first saw you!" He exclaimed.

"..." you turned away from him, embarrassed by his words," I'll just go and eat flowers, see you papa." You ran away.

---------

As you were in the forest trying to find some flowers you spotted a young man with yellow and black split hair.

It looks like he's playing with bunnies so you just stared at him until he turned around.

"Who?" He asked, looking at you and also noticing your horn," I'm y/n." he got up and started walking towards you. It was alarming but your guards were up preparing for any suspicious movement.

"Rayne ames, are those real horns?" He asked you," Yes these are real but please don't touch them." You said with a small tint of red on your cheek.

"So that's your name, you were the one that saved me and my brother from before. I never got the chance to say thank you," he said, giving you a quick bow.

Let's say you remind Rayne of a bunny that's why he was very soft-spoken to you. He has always wanted to meet you ever since that day.

"It was nice meeting you, Rayne but I have to go." Your instincts immediately tell you to bow to him back, just like how he did earlier to show respect before taking your leave and returning to your beloved father as soon as possible as if your guts are telling you something is not right.

As you return you realize your papa isn't here it seems like something is going on in the house.

You resort to Clashing in the window.

"papa!" You immediately look around and it reveals the same policeman from the city and an injured Mash father and other police officer. One more your father also injured his father it seems like he was protecting Mash's dad.

And there's mash.

The policeman tried to attack Mash with his magic power but Mash slapped it away like it was a ball.

Then he also attacks you with his magic spell.
You dodge it away like it was nothing. Suddenly you see Mash dribbling the magic like it was a football game.

The police guy gave up and gave you two 'deals'.
"Mushroom head and goat girl. Do what I ask and I'll let both your old geezer slide." He said sliding down.

"What's the deal?" mash asked." all you need to do is Enroll in the magic school. Think about it if you're selected that'll make you one of God's chosen. In other words, society's got no choice but to accept you. I just want the prestige that comes with the title. Which is why I'll back you up." he said.

Mash's father suddenly Bargh in," You expect us to trust someone who tried to kill us? Besides, that plan is absurd, don't listen to him, mash and y/n!" He tried to stop both of you.

"Exactly! Besides my baby girl hasn't been able to properly interact with other people and what if her 'mark' is found? Worse she'll be executed!" Your father tried to reason with the officer to let you go.

"I can see why you might be skeptical. But if you refuse my offer, we'll never stop hunting you. And when I've got my sights set on you, the whole friggin' country does too. You're a tough kiddo, so maybe you can take it. But what about your father? Watching him around the clock without a moment's rest, never able to set foot in a city again? Well, this choice is yours. Will you spend your life being hunted like a dog or seize these chances to turn society on its head?" He finally said.

You thought about it and decided to speak up," You got a deal." You said with mash at the same time.

Your father gasp,"y-y/n!?!" He said with a wide eye.

"M-Mash have you lost your mind? It's called a magic school!" He tried to stop Mash but it seemed like Mash wasn't going to return his word any time soon.

After everything is done. mash's father has come to an agreement your father wasn't a bit worried since he had seen you use your 'magic before' even if it didn't come from a hand but he trusted Mash to protect his sweet girl.

-----

Fun fact!

-Mash's father and your papa were bestfriends!
- Mash is excited he gets to spend time more with you at this 'magic' school.