Saving Seokjin.

Requested by Lost_Youniverse

TW: Vomit

[🛑 New Requests Closed🛑]

-----

Sickness always seemed to strike the members at the worst time. And now, it was Jin's turn. He'd been feeling a bit more exhausted than usual but thought it was because of their ongoing schedules. They were always on the move, from interviews to award shows to concerts, the work never stopped. He was hoping with a good nights rest he'd feel better, but no matter how much sleep he got he continuously craved more.

The members picked up on Jin's sluggishness. Knowing it wasn't like him to be this tired and drained, it was concluded that the oldest member of the group had definitely come down with something. Hobi even had Yoongi drag Jin to the hospital to get some IV drips in hopes of making him feeling better. Now was not the time to slow down, there was way too much to do.

"This always happens," complained Namjoon. He felt bad for Jin, but the timing really couldn't have been worse. They had a lot of recordings to do for a new album. "Why is it that whenever we have a break, we all feel great. Yet when it's time to get work down, someone gets ill?"

"Come on, Joonie hyung. I thought you were smarter than that," Jimin giggled. "Obviously we're more likely to get sick when we're busy and not resting. Plus constantly being surrounded by people...there's a lot of germs, and-"

Namjoon cut him off. "Okay, I get it. No need to elaborate." The leader of the group didn't like to feel stupid, and Jimin was making him feel a little bit stupid.

Jungkook called Yoongi to ask how Jin was doing.

"Not that great," Yoongi replied over the phone. "He's sleeping while getting his IV drips. He actually has a pretty high fever. The doctors are about to test him for the flu."

"Oh no, my poor hyungie!" Jungkook sulked. He hated seeing any of his members sick, especially the oldest. He always felt terrible when Jin got sick because he didn't have his own hyung to take care of him. But he has me, the best maknae! I'll take care of Jin hyung if he's sick!

After the quick update the two hung up. Jungkook informed the others of Jin's condition and they all felt bad for him.

"He's going to have to rest at home for a few days," Taehyung mentioned. "What do we do about the recordings?"

"We will just have to work on our own individual parts for the time being," Hobi replied.

"Count me out. I'm going to stay home with hyung if he's sick. We can't leave him all alone in his suffering!" Jungkook was adamant about caring for his hyung. "He'd stay home with any of us."

"If you insist," Namjoon replied. He knew it would suck for them to fall behind on work, but he also knew Jin's health was more important. He also knew Jungkook was right, Jin always stayed with someone who was sick, so Namjoon was grateful that Jungkook was so willing to do it.

At home that night, Jin had gone straight to his bed after coming back from the hospital. He still had a high fever and informed everyone that it was in fact the flu. He lay in his bed, feeling terrible both physically and mentally for holding the group back.

"Don't worry about it hyungie," Taehyung stated. "Jungkookie is going to stay with you until you're brand new."

Jungkook stood in front of Jin's bed and held his hand up in salute. "Jeon Jungkookie, maknae of BTS, at your service hyung!" This got a great laugh out of everyone.

"You really don't have to do that." Jin curled up under his blankets. Even though he was sweating, he was freezing. He had even asked for someone to turn the heat up, and even though Yoongi already had, it just wasn't enough. "I'll be curled up under these blankets all day anyway. You don't have to waste your time on me."