Toronto Suicide

Me

"Dear family, I want you to know I love you all. I know you don't feel the same or you would be around more often, so by doing this it is a favor, to get me out of your lives. Meet me at the bottom of the CN tower at noon."

Now was the moment, I was standing on the top floor of the CN tower. Glass windows surround me, I could hardly see anyone down their but I knew my parents stood at the bottom because my phone was pinging.

Mom: Honey, please don't do this. We love you, I know we've been very busy, but we love you with all of our hearts.

Bullshit.

Dad: Son, do this and you'll regret it. I called off so much work for this, come down right this instant.

My parents worked 40 hours a week. They are too busy for me, too busy to care about basically everything. Same with everyone else, they don't care.

Mom

I lay my head on David's shoulder and cry. I love my son so much, in all of the commotion with work, I'm so busy. I realize that I have no idea what's going on in my sons life. The guilt almost kills me. I need another chance, he better not do this.

Dad

I had to call of work, so many meeting, just to be here. Now I know he just wanted me to watch him die. How selfish, I thought I raised my son right. I care so deeply about him and he goes and does this. How could he be so selfish?

Mom

"I'm going up there" I say in a trembly voice, "David?" David stands there like he's ready to get this done and over with. I begin to run. When I reach the top I see him, "Will" he looks back over his shoulder. "don't do this" I say. he continues to look at me but doesn't say anything "please".

Me

I don't even think anymore, I back up and run towards the window. SMASH! I smash right through the glass and a sharp pain goes through me. As I fall I hear my mother scream "WILL! NO!" I picture her face as I continue to fall. She didn't care though, nobody did, I was just one of the many teens in the world, I didn't matter.

Mom

I collapse to the floor in tears "No..." I couldn't believe my eyes. My only son. Gone. I spent all my time working and completely neglected my only son. Now he's gone, with all of the smiles, all of the laughs, all of the cry's, all of the hugs. It's all gone and it's all my fault. I will never forgive myself.

Dad

When I see my son's body hit the ground, I freeze. He did it. How can this be possible? It's all my fault. No. I blink hard to check if I was seeing things but it was all still here. I look at his body, smushed against the concrete. " Will!? Please. Are you there? Son! Answer me! please...." I wait for an answer but there is none. Blood and guts are everywhere. NO. No, no, no,no,no, NO.

Mom

I'm still on the floor trembling. I feel David beside me. "There's no point without my son" I tremble. He gives me a concerned look and says "No. I can't lose my wife and son in the same day" He pauses " Please". I reach for the large shard of glass in front of me. "NO!" David screams. But there's no point without your son. I stab the Shard into my heart, David pulls it out quickly and blood spreads. He grips my hand tightly and begins to cry. "No....please" he whispers.

Dad

I squeeze her hand tighter. "Goodbye my love" she whispers. Her eyes shut and I can no longer feel her slow pulse. No. All of my family. GONE. No, this can't be real.

Epilogue

Will's school held an assembly for his death and David and Maria's (Maria being "Mom") work held a ceremony of recognition. David committed suicide 3 days after he lost his son and wife. He drove off a cliff near Toronto "The Scarborough Bluffs". People grieve over the loss of Will, as he thought no one cared, so many did.

SUICIDE CRISIS HELPLINE: 9-8-8 24/7 CALL OR TEXT.