Chapter one: Goodmorning Honey

Rex slowly opens his eyes to see the gloomy and dark room surrounding him. Every bone and every muscle feels weak and bruised, eyelids like magnets attempting to stay together. He looks to his side and sees the back of a woman. Her hair is short and dyed ginger, her shirt a mustey white, her back and her neck are thin. He remember last night, the night Anna decided to come home. He can only push the memory away and begin his day.

Rex begins to sit up but it met with sharp pain in his head and a sore back, forcing him back onto the bed. All this commotion wakes Anna, the woman beside him.
"Good morning, my love!" Anna says, voice dripping with honey and distant eyes.

"Good morning, A-" he stoped before saying her whole name so as not to upset her, "honey. Good morning honey." Rex is still tired a sore, but he does his best to keep it a secret.

"I'll go make breakfast, eggs sound good?" Anna says as she smiles and begins to get up a brush her hair. Rex can help himself but look at her knuckles. Bruised and scabbed over, reminiscent of last night..

"Of course, I've been craving them while you where away!" Rex says through gritted teeth and pinching his skin to hold back the pain in his head and back.
"Oh, one more thing," Anna says as she comes closer, "clean yourself before you come downstairs, I can't have my husband looking all sad!" She says with a smile and kissing Rex's cheek. Rex winces slightly at the kiss right on his bruise. It's not very visible, nothing like his busted lip.

Once Anna leaves and goes downstairs to cook, Rex begins to get up. He can only moan in pain with his attempt, although it was successful. Through his tired eyes he looks in the mirror. His dark brown hair shaggy and messed up, his pale skin and dark circles, his slim figure with the small muscle he has been working hard to gain, and finally his long legs. Although he knows he has an amazing figure, the only thing that draws his attention are the bruises.

His collarbone bruised and swollen to match the bruise on his cheek. His lip isn't as swollen as last night, but it is teared and scabbed over. His forearms have scattered bruises and scabs, but his back is the worst. Rex knows better then to turn his back to her now. That's the only opening when he is curled up onto the ground. But this isn't surprising.

He pulls on a long sleeved baggy shirt, he knows that having Anna see him like this will only upset her. He matches it with baggy jeans, trying to at least be stylish. He doesn't bother to put on jewelry since he doesn't have the energy. Rex then walks to the bathroom to wash his face and clean his wounds.

He can, and will, do anything and everything to postpone going downstairs to her.. to a monster.. to Anna.

———————————-——————————————

Hello~!! This is my first wattpad story, and I hope you all like it! I am currently on vacation so I will have a lot of time to write. Thank you so much for reading and I will see you in the next chapter!