Chapter 51

September 23, 2024

"Everyone! The auction is now open!" Cal and Sheryl announced in unison.

"P10,000," #10 said.

"Ooh! 5-digits already for our first bid. Do I hear P11,000?" Sheryl asks.

"P11,000!" #21 shouted.

"P12,000!" #39 shouted.

"P13,000!" #67 yelled.

"I got P13,000 over there. Do I hear P14,000?" Cal asks.

"P14,000!" #59 yelled.

"P15,000," #87 said.

We were shocked to hear who said that, so we all looked at her.

"Who is she?"

"Do you know her?"

"No, I just saw her for the first time."

"She's Zerena Monclair," I overheard someone say in front of me.

"Who?"

"She just got here since she's a transferee. The dean assigned me to tour her around the campus. She's in my block as well as Russelle's."

"Hmm, she looks like she comes from a rich family."

"Look at her bag."

"That's from the latest collection, right?"

"Oh, my god! It's a limited edition!"

Hmm, that's interesting. Should I be nervous? Why are you bidding on my man?

"We have P15,000 for #87. Does anyone wish to go higher than that?" Sheryl asks, looking at the crowd.

"P17,000!" #59 yelled.

"Oh, my god!" I said to myself.

"I'll ask you again. Are you nervous?" Adie mockingly asks.

"Shut up," I said.

"P20,000," #87 said.

"Hmm, she's loaded," Adie said.

"I have P20,000 for #87. Do I hear P21,000?" Cal asks.

"P25,000!" #59 yelled.

Fuck me! That was a lot of money to have a talk for a couple of hours.

"Woah! A P5,000 raise," Sheryl said.

"P35,000," #87 said.

"P35,000 right here for Ms. 87. Going once? Going twice? Sold for P35,000!" Cal announced.

"Ms. 87, kindly come up here on stage to claim your prize," Sheryl said, and the crowd still didn't stop screaming.

"Wow! She looks so classy."

"She's so beautiful."

"She looks so bitchy, but in a classy way. Hmm, she really looks like she comes from a rich family.

Those are the things I heard as she confidently stood and walked to the stage.

"Hello, Miss 87. Can you tell us your name and what college you are from?" Cal asks.

"Hi, my name is Zerena Monclair, and I am from the College of Engineering," she said.

"Ms. Zerena, how do you feel that you won?" Sheryl asks.

"Hmm, it's not about winning. This is for charity, right?" Zerena asks, and Cal nods his head.

"I just think of the people that will benefit from this," she added, smiling.