Chapter 94

“I’m not going.” jimin refused.

“If you won’t go, I’ll go.” suho ran out of the dormitory calling after jennie to apologise to her.

Taehyung's gaze shifted onto jimin's apprehensive expression. He asked him in a careful tone. “Aren’t you afraid that jungkook will target your family over the earlier matter?”

“Of course I am.” jimin appeared slightly helpless. “jungkook's power and influence is stronger than anyone else’s. Who doesn’t respect and fear him? There is no way of escaping the consequences of offending him.”

“Do you regret helping me?”

“No.” jimin shook his head. “jennie was clearly in the wrong here. I believe that jungkook is not an unreasonable person.”

“But I heard that jungkook dotes on his fiancée dearly. If he decides to be unreasonable...”

Jimin patted him on the shoulder and comforted him. “taehyung, I didn’t do anything wrong. If the Park family really collapses because of this, I can only blame myself for not being strong enough. I won’t blame you, nor will I regret helping you.”

Upon hearing this, taehyung was deeply moved.

He rarely visited school. Although jungkook had prepared this dorm room for him, it was only so that he would be able to rest comfortably in the afternoon.

He had rarely interacted with his roommate, jimin, before.

From what he recalled, jimin would soon meet a man named Kwang hoshi.

hoshi had pursued jimin fervently and he agreed to be his boyfriend during his previous lifetime.

However, in the midst of his schooling, he became pregnant and for the sake of continuing his studies, he had decided to abort the child.

After graduation, he married into the Kwang family. Hoshi was physically abusive and beat him up daily. He had even caused him to suffer three miscarriages, and eventually, he was no longer able to conceive.

Jimin had wanted a divorce. However, the Kwang family’s elder was a powerful man in politics. He forcefully suppressed the matter and jimin lost his mind due to hoshi's torture. Post that, he was locked up in a mental hospital while hoshi played around with women everyday. He even found a mistress and had a child with her.

Afterwards, jimin murdered hoshi and dismembered his body. He also wrote a letter, detailing his sufferings over the years. In that, he had mentioned that the Kwang family was fearful that he would expose the matter of hoshi's mistress and illegitimate child, and had intentionally faked his mental illness to lock him up.

After uploading his letter onto Weibo, jimin had gone ahead and taken his own life.

Taehyung recalled that at the time, though he was already blind and could not read jimin's post, the media placed a lot of attention on the matter and that’s how he came to know of it.

He had wanted to read his final words. After all, they had once been roommates.

Thus, he had requested for someone to read it out loud to him.

“taehyung, what are you thinking about?” jimin waved his hand in front of his eyes.

Taehyung returned to the present. He felt sympathy swell up for jimin but did not display it on his face. “I recalled some things of the past.”

“Look at your expression. They must be unhappy memories.” jimin did not know his thoughts, but still showed kindness towards him. “How about this? You can confide your unhappy thoughts to me. As long as I’m able, I will definitely help you.”