03|| Father, Daughter & Doggies

"Hey sunshine, we need to talk." Zion said closing the door.

Josephine looked up at him with a confused expression. She was sitting on her bed with her Gibson acoustic guitar playing a few cords on it.

Already in her white satin pajamas Zion gave her a loving smile.

Often enough she would just sit on her bed and play her guitar. Rather it was her Gibson Acoustic or her Gibson Les Paul Electric Guitar.

She was currently learning to play a song. The song reminded her of the relationship that her and Zion shared. She would usually write her own songs but nothing quite captivated how she felt like this song. She learned using her voice to express herself when she can't find the words to really helped.

She looks back down at the wooden magical object and pats the open seat next to her.

"I have something to tell you as well." Josephine said.

Zion walks over to his daughter and sits next to her, "Mind if I go first?" He asked.

"Not at all." She said with a soft smile.

"You know that I love you right? A-And I wouldn't do anything to cause you harm in anyway." Zion said as he turned his body towards her. She was already looking his way though. She was on near the end of the bed while Zion was by her pillows.

Josephine giggled, "I love you too, Daddy."

She placed her hand in his, "But you do know that I'm the child and you're the parent right? You don't need to be so nervous." Zion chuckled at her playfulness before he cleared his throat.

"Listen, Josie." He said.

Josephine's Thoughts:
Oh. He looks serious.

"I just got off the phone with your mom. I think she misses you." He started as he searched her face, but all he got from her was the same sweet smile and big doe loving eyes, "she's moving again, somewhere nice. She invited you to go with her this time, but I think she will understand if you don't want to go with your pageant coming up and everything."

He was met with silence.

One minute and fifteen seconds of silence to be exact.

"No. I think I'll stay here with you and my little babies." She finally spoke as she placed the guitar against her bed.

Two Great Danes, who were previously having a stare down with each other, moved towards them and placed their heads on each side of her.

Bruce and Cerberus.

"Oooh, why is that? Are you afraid you'll miss us too much?" He teased

"I know I will. Don't get me wrong I love new places and experiencing new things but I won't be able to experience those things with you guys so." She trailed off at the end as she scratched both Bruce and Cerberus behind their ears.

"Okay. I think I get it now. How about this, every new thing that you experience you can call me, write me a letter, or just photograph it. The last one is my personal favorite. And you can take all three of them with you." He said.

Bark. Bark.

A squeaky noise came from below them as the culprit tried to jump onto the bed. Josephine picked her up as the furry creature licked her face.

Cinnamon.

Josephine sat her down on the bed as she wobbled her way to Zion, who was Cinnamon's favorite

Zion smiled as he scratched the dog's belly.

She smiled at her father, "Wait really?" She squeaked and clapped her hands.

He looked at her smiling face, "So is that a yes?"

She nodded, "A thousand times yes. What's the worst that could happen?"

"You could met a guy and that guy could get you pregnant." Zion stated.

"DADDY!" Josephine gasped laughing, "Why would you say that? That sounds like something mom would say." She laughed even harder.

"I mean.. you are a beautiful girl." Zion said.

"So what did you want to tell me?" Zion asked after Josephine's laughter died down.

Josephine's Thoughts:
Guess it's now or never.

"Okay I know I've been doing beauty pageants for a while now but I think it's time to move on to something else." Josephine said.

"Okay. Well what do you want to do now?" Zion asked.

"I just want to sing." She said with thinking about it. Singing has always been Josephine's passion.

"Okay then that's what you'll do. So what do you want to do for this upcoming show? Do you still want to go?" Zion asked.

She nodded.

"One last time?" Zion asked

"One last time." Josephine smiled as they did their secret handshake.

" Josephine smiled as they did their secret handshake

Awe these two make me so happy.
And the dogs! So cute!

~ Elmabelli🫶🏼