1.7

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"ᶜᵃⁿ ᴵ ᵍⁱᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐʸ ⁿᵘᵐᵇᵉʳ ᵃᵍᵃⁱⁿ?"

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

She let her parent's words blur into background noise as she sat in her familiar place in the dining room on Friday night, Leah and Demi's words from Tuesday still mulling in her mind. Marcus had been distant for the rest of the week, hanging out with his swimming team rather than her, and Callum would say hi and wink at her in the hallways. On Thursday he walked her to her Math class to get out of his own Chemistry test and had received a glare from Marcus.

Hearing her name, she drifted back into the conversation, "Hmm?"

"I was just telling the girls how you used to go golfing with your father." Emily smiled, and gestured to Rory who looked frankly overjoyed, "Rory's going golfing with him this weekend, she's choosing it as her required sport."

"Oh yeah. We used to go a lot, didn't we Dad?" She smiled.

"Nearly every weekend pet." He smiled back, although he didn't look too enthusiastic about the golf trip either.

"What do you do as your required sport Gabs?" Lorelai asked.

"Hockey and cricket and I photograph for the teams when they go for tournaments, but only sometimes." She said. "I play lacrosse as well, but only when they need an extra person."

"Is Marcus still in the swim team?" Emily inquired politely.

"Yeah, he's state level at the moment, but his team are close to qualifying for the futures this summer." She explained, proud of her friend.

"I've heard about his brother being back in town." Emily mentioned, unable to hold the gossip in, "Caleb is it?"

"Callum. Yeah, he was away for three years." Gabby nodded. "Him and Marcus are getting closer I think." she lied.

"How nice. I'm still shocked they took him back. I heard from Noelle Goode that he drove his uncle back to drink." She told them.

"I've only spoken to him a few times, he doesn't seem too bad." Gabby chuckled weakly.

"Isn't he the tall one who keeps walking you to lessons?" Rory asked, chiming in sweetly. Gabby coughed, spluttering on her drink.

"Yes." She confirmed, watching her mother's reaction, "He seems to enjoy my company."

"How sweet." Her mother practically cooed. "Perhaps we should invite them to dinner. We haven't seen Dale and Valery in a while, have we Richard?"

"No we haven't." Richard agreed dutifully. "What business is he in? Accounting I think. Dale Johnson. Yes. Accounting." He confirmed and went back to his meal.